Clash II

"Hello, I apologize for not greeting you when you entered."

"Oh, it's fine..."

At the end of his sentence, Arno had slightly looked at Rimuru wide-eyed before going back to a neutral expression.

"Anyway, straight to the point, my objective here is to inform you that one of the higher-ups in the church requested an audience with you, Lord Rimuru."

Oh? I didn't expect this.

"Naturally, Lady Hinata was supposed to be taking on my role. However, due to circumstances, I was the one given the task instead."

"Can you tell me why that is?"

"Of course. Lady Hinata seemed to have planned to meet with you long before I was given my task. Which is why I had waited for her to set off to meet you and tagged along under the pretense of just because."

"And you successfully deceived Hinata? Wow, so, who sent you anyway?"

"Well, the thing is, I was tasked to do this by our emperor himself, Pope Louis."

Hmm, Pope Louis should be a subordinate of Ruminas, so that could be it.

"I understand, consider that request received. Though, with things as they stand, it would be slightly difficult to openly meet one another."

At this point, the world still doesn't know that Tempest isn't a hostile country. Or rather, we still haven't gotten Ruminas'(Western Holy Church) seal of approval announced to the public.

And besides, there are still threats in Ruminas' ranks that have yet to be eliminated.

"Understood. Then I will take my leave."

"Oh wait, before you go, would you kindly tell Hinata that I'll gladly welcome her."

Arno gives a salute and a nod in response. 

Hmm, what could Ruminas' purpose be in asking for an audience like this? Couldn't she just use the ring Guy gave us on Walpurgis...?

Suspicious...

***

The next day, Hinata and co had arrived at the western gate of Tempest.

This time, I wouldn't dare appear in front of her in a bunny costume, so I returned to my casual clothes.

"Hinata... its' been so long, welcome to Tempest."

The one who greeted Hinata was non-other than Shizue, who had a nostalgic tone to her voice. Hinata was perplexed seeing Shizue of all people in Tempest but decided not to ask any further as she noticed me at the back.

"It has been a while, teacher," said Hinata. "Today, I have not come here for any hostility, nor have I come to fight you. But, as I have wronged you previously, I will accept any punishment you may ask of me."

Unexpectedly, Hinata went straight for me and kneeled. So much so that even I was caught off guard.

"W-well, let's not make any hasty decisions here," I say slightly panicking.

"Hinata-sama! What are you doing! You shouldn't bow to a demon lord!"

"Hey! We've talked about this before, none of you shall talk unless I tell you to."

Hinata gets somewhat pissed at her subordinates, specifically the one who tried to scold Hinata.

She then turns back to me and apologizes.

"Excuse that unsightly display, it won't happen again." 

"I'm not offended, rather, what's gotten into you?" I asked.