New Day

3rd Person POV

*Knock Knock*

"Whaaatttt" Adora groaned, barely raising her head from her pillow.

"Adora, wake up, there is a woman interested in meeting you, she will be here in an hour, you must look presentable."

"Alright, alright, I'll be up in a minute"

Adora's POV

"Another family, another disappointment," I said to myself. No one ever wants to foster the older kids, they think we all have some sort of mental problems. I don't even understand why Shadow Weaver even bothers with having me meet any more families, I turn 18 in a month and I'll be aging out of the system. There's no point.

I get up to open the blinds to my room. I look at the empty beds next to me. All the kids who I previously shared this room with got adopted. I missed them a lot, but mostly Catra.

Catra was my best friend. We were inseparable. We would play pranks on the others, and stay up late talking about ruling the world together. Stupid kid stuff, you know. She protected me from Shadow Weaver's punishments whenever we got in trouble, especially the physical ones. I never got to thank her for that. As much as I miss her, I'm glad she got out of this place.

I quickly get dressed and put my hair up in a neat ponytail. I put on some grey jeans, a white tee-shirt, and a red leather jacket.

I walk downstairs and prepare to receive Shadow Weaver's lecture on the do's and don'ts of meeting a new family.

Do: Sit up straight

Don't: rest your elbows on the table

Do: answer politely

Don't: make Shadow Weaver look bad.

Soon enough there was a knock at the door.