How Long?

Catra's POV

Adora and I walked into her room together. I went to go sit on her bed. I look up at Adora

"Hi, Catra," She says quietly.

God, why is she so cute?

"Hey, Adora," I said back

She came to sit down next to me and I took the opportunity to kiss her on the cheek. For the first time I knew for sure I was the one causing her to blush, and holy hell does it make me happy.

"Okay, I have to ask," Adora said

"Ask what?" I'm kind of scared. What does she want to know? Did I do something?

"How long have you liked me?"

I figured this question would come, but it for some reason is still making me anxious.

"Pretty much since the second I looked at you after you tackled me in the gym. I saw how beautiful you were and I immediately started checking you out. And then you wanted to hang out and getting to know you again just felt so...good. I probably even liked you before that when we were kids but I definitely didn't know how to register those emotions." I chuckled nervously.

Adora had this smirk on her face. What on Earth is she thinking?

"So I take it you enjoyed it when I slammed you to the ground?" She said with a devious chuckle

I tried my best to fight down the blush that was rising up to my cheeks. I grabbed my tail to keep it still. While what she said was true, I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing she flustered me. I changed the subject back.

"Don't leave me hanging here, how long did you like me?" I asked, both wanting to distract her and wanting to know just how long I missed the feelings being reciprocated.

"Well, I realized I liked you when we were playing Mario Kart. But even before that, I knew I had different feelings about you than anyone else. I thought it was just you being my best friend. I've since learned that most people do not have dreams about their best friend." Adora said

She dreams about me? I regain my focus for a minute and remember what else she said.

While in a normal scenario the dreams should be my first concern, I am very curious of how the fuck Mario Kart unearthed her emotions.

"What about Mario Kart could have possibly made you suddenly aware of your feelings?" I asked her

"I uhm..."

Adora's POV

After explaining how long I've liked her as best I could I thought she would have a reaction similar to what I did. But no, she had to start asking questions.

"What about Mario Kart could have possibly made you suddenly aware of your feelings?"

"I uhm..." I choked out nervously. Why does it still make me nervous to tell her things about my feelings for her after I just kissed her?

"Adora," Catra said sternly

I could get used to her using that tone

"You...called me...Princess... for the first time... and..." I said, she cut me off

"And it turned you into a flustered ball of internal gay panic?"

"Yeah, pretty much" I giggled a little bit

"Well that's what happened to me when you called me Kitten, so we're even" She laughed

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling flustered by the pet names. Maybe I can use that to my advantage.

"Aww, I made my Kitten flustered" I teased.

"Mhm. You sure did. Now tell me, Princess, what exactly were you dreaming about me?" Catra said, she had a devilish smirk and she rubbed her hand gently down my thigh.

Oh, God. Please have Mercy. So much for that being used to my advantage.

"Uhm...y-you see...I uh.."

"Spit it out, Princess" Catra said, I can feel her grip getting a little stronger on my thigh.

My mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. Would she think it was weird that I was having those kinds of dreams? I mean, probably... my train of thought gets derailed as Catra scoots closer to me. Her tail wrapping around my waist and her leaning up to my ear and whispering.

"Or would you rather show me what kinds of dreams you were having?" She said. Her voice sultry, her hand inching further up my thigh.

Yes, please

My mind was begging my mouth to say those words but it wouldn't come out.

"Catra I..."

"Relax Adora, I'm just messing around. You can stop panicking now." Catra said. Releasing her grip on my thigh and removing her tail from my waist. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"What if I didn't want you to be messing around?" I finally choked out, having no command over my words

A/N: Sorry for being gone so long. I don't really have an excuse other than not having motivation. I do want to complete this story but I am probably going to be taking longer between updates than I did before. ALSO, HOW ON EARTH DID I END UP IN THE TOP 10 OF CATRADORA? I was #5 yesterday. It makes me so unbelievably happy.