Readying the Carriages

Adora's POV

I can't believe it! Someone actually wants to foster me!!! I'm going to have a foster sister??? I'm going to be going to Brightmoon High!! That's like the top school in the state! Omg, I think I'm having a panic attack.

I threw all my stuff into a small duffle bag and sat on my bed. I can't believe I'm finally saying goodbye to this place.

Wait...what if she changes her mind? Will I just end up back here? No, no. I'll just try to make it at least until my birthday, that way if she changes her mind, I don't have to come back.

"Adora, do you need any help packing" Angela yelled up the stairs as I was already halfway out my door.

"No, I didn't have that much to pack."

She looked at my bag with saddened eyes.

"Well, I know what we are doing tomorrow" Angela whispered to herself. I don't think she knew I could hear her.

We walked out to her car and Jesus Christ. Did I just get taken in by a rich family? I swear that's a Lamborghini.

I picked my jaw off the floor and got into the car as gently as possible so that I wouldn't break anything. I think Angela noticed because she chuckled a bit.

I must've dozed off on the ride back to my new house. It was a long drive. Angela shook me awake.

"Welcome home"

"Holy Fuck... sorry, I didn't mean to say that, just wow. This is where you live?"- This isn't a house. It's a mansion.

There are entrances to the driveway that connects at the main door, with a gorgeous fountain and flower garden in the center. The building is so big, I almost didn't see the guest house outback. Almost.

"Why do you even need a guest house, this place has got to have a million bedrooms" I joked

"That is for the live-in staff," Angela said nonchalantly.

Oh, I am going to like it here.