Jealousy is an Attractive Color on You

Adora's POV

The next few days at school Catra, Scorpia, and Lonnie have been sitting with us at lunch.

Catra and Glimmer seem to be getting friendly again since the party.

Perfuma and Entrapta are showing Scorpia their science project. It was something about plant decomposition.

Catra is coming out of the lunch line with something that similarly resembles that science project.

She sat between Glimmer and me, picking at her food.

"Is nothing at this school edible?" Catra said, looking at her lunch disgusted.

"I'm sure you could think of something if you think hard enough," Glimmer said in an almost seductive tone, then she gave Catra this knowing look.

Glimmer is flirting with her now? Wtf.

I look at Catra. Her face is crimson. She's adorable when she's blushing.

But I can't focus on that.

I look away from the scene. My stomach felt like a ball of fire and rage.

"I'm not very hungry. I'm going to go to the gym to hit stuff" I told them. I left as fast as I could to avoid questions.

Why did that make me so angry?

I need to go punch something fast.

Catra's POV

Flashback to the party.

"Sparkles, wait up!" I said trying to get Glimmer's attention

"What? Do you want to reject me some more?" she asked angrily.

"Glimmer, you and I both know you don't actually have feelings for me anymore and you are just acting like this because you are scared about Bow," I explained to her.

After all, her little crush on him was why we broke up.

"Yeah...I know. I just get caught up in my head sometimes. So what do you need?"

"I wanted to make sure you won't uh..." I stammered off hoping she would know what I was talking about.

"Mention anything to Adora? I can try, but you know how hard it is for me to avoid teasing... so don't go giving me any opportunities"

"Thanks"

Flashback ended

"Is nothing at this school edible?" I said out to the group at lunch while staring down at my cafeteria provided meal.

How dare they even call this pizza?

"I'm sure you could think of something if you think hard enough," Glimmer said, looking at me, then at Adora and raised her eyebrows. (ya know the flirty double eyebrow raise)

I nearly choked on my next breath. My face was heating up. Fuck you, Sparkles.

Then Adora stood up. She looks irritated.

"I'm not very hungry. I'm going to go to the gym to hit stuff" she said, hurrying off before anyone could ask if she's alright.

"What was that about?" Bow asked.

"I have no idea," Glimmer and I said in unison.

Glimmer and I walked together after lunch because our classes are right next to each other.

We saw Adora leaving the gym. She seemed fine until she saw us, then her face contorted and I swear she gave us a death glare. Adora doesn't give people death glares, I need to check on her.

TimeSkip

At the end of the day, I waited outside the school for Adora. I want to make sure she's okay.

"Adora!" I said as I saw the blonde walking out the doors.

"No, I don't know where Glimmer is." She said, sounding even more irritated than earlier.

"Why would I want to know where she is?" I asked her.

"I don't know, maybe so you can have something to eat today," She said. Her tone is getting increasingly angry.

Is...is she jealous?

I shake the idea from my mind. There's no way she would be jealous..

"1. Gross. 2. That comment she made, wasn't about herself." I said.

Regret setting in, in 3...2...1...

"Who was she talking about then?" Her voice sounded a bit lighter? But still upset

Fuck. Fucking. Fuck.

Sparkles. I am going to kill you.

"It...uh...doesn't matter right now." Please don't keep asking. Please don't keep asking

Silence

"Anywho... I was actually waiting to ask if you wanted to hang out today?" My voice was damn near shaking.

Don't make the connection. Don't make the connection.

"Sure, my place, or yours?" She asked. Her tone finally changed back into the bubbly girl that I enjoy so much.

Thank God she's still an idiot.

"Yours," I said, feeling free to smile again now that Adora isn't upset anymore...I don't think.

Adora's POV

Okay, so she doesn't like Glimmer. So who does she like? And why does Glimmer know but I don't?

"Anywho...I was actually waiting to ask if you wanted to hang out today?" Catra said. Her voice is a little shaky.

Oh no. Did I make her think I was mad at her? God dang it Adora, don't do that to your friends.

"Sure, my place, or yours?" I responded, trying to regain my normal cheerful tone.

"Yours." She smiled as she said it. YES, I made her happy again. Mission accomplished.

We got on Catra's bike and she drove us back to the house.