See The Light

TW/CW: Contains description of torture/conversion therapy blatant homophobia among other things.

Catra's POV- Flashback of the last two weeks.

I made my way over to my bike as fast as possible so that I could get to the hospital to check on Adora. I have half a mind to turn around and go rip the head off that other player, but Adora comes first.

As I pulled out my helmet I got whacked upside the head. Rude

I fell to the ground. My eyesight became blurry. I looked up, the guys looked like some of Prime's goons. This will surely be an adventure

"You know there are politer ways to say hello" I whimper out trying to get back to my feet only for my face to meet one of their fists.

I don't know how long it has been since I was knocked out, but It was at least a 10-minute drive considering I'm at Prime's. On his stupid metal table. My arms are bound.

I shouldn't freak out. They'll figure out I'm missing faster than he can do anything truly bad to me. They will figure out where I am. Adora will save me.

It's the only comforting thought I have

Adora will save me

Adora will save me

"Adora? Your beacon of hope? She isn't coming to save you, child. You needed saving from her and her sapphic ways. Taking you into the darkness, just as her sister had done before" Prime said as he came down the stairs.

"Hey pops, how ya been?" I said snarkily.

"I'd be better if you weren't destined for an eternity in Hell. What do you say we...fix...those nasty temptations hmm?"

"Ya know, I'd love to, but I kind of have a prepaid lifetime membership and it would be a shame to waste all that money"

He slanted the table and turned on the TV.

"Since it's been so long since your last treatment. Let's start with something simple"

A picture of Adora appeared on the screen.

"Elevated heart rate. Dilated Pupils. Adora means something to you. Such a shame we had to take care of her"

"What did you do to her!"

"Nothing permanent. Just had to make sure she wouldn't get in the way tonight"

He's the reason that student broke her leg.

"Shall we begin?"

He called in one of his goons.

"Make sure she keeps her eyes open."

"Look at the screen. She's beautiful isn't she?"

He shocked me. The pain is already unbearable.

He changes to another picture of Adora.

"Every time you see her, you will be shown indescribable pain"

He shocked me again. My mouth starts salivating

He changed it to another picture. The night in the pool. I wince as the shock comes.

I feel it come up. All of today's meals.

"Ah, good. You're learning quickly."

The next two weeks were similar. Each treatment was intended to make me hate nothing more than the idea of being near Adora. He had me repeating her name over and over, whipping me every time I said it. He somehow found out what body wash she uses and left me inhaling it until I was sick to my stomach from the scent. Every physical part of her he found a way to make my body hate.

"Final treatment today my child"

"What do you mean final treatment? Are you going to kill me?"

"Of course not. You've been conditioned. I believe you will be able to withstand the Devil's temptations after today's treatment."

He puts the all too familiar pads to my temples. I grit my teeth in preparation for forgetting everything.

"I'm sorry Adora" as I said her name I felt the vomit coming up.

He started on a low voltage. Almost light enough I could hardly feel it. But it kept going up, and up. Until I couldn't even remember my name.

After he was done he showed me a picture of Adora. I had nothing left in my stomach so I was left coughing in reaction.

"Perfect. You will be able to return to school in a few days. The police will ask you where you have been. As far as they are concerned you went to some friends in Plumeria and had no idea anyone was looking for you"

"Yes Prime"

"One last thing. I think it's time we get rid of that mop head you got there. Can't have you look mangey while living under my roof again."