Birthday Morning

Adora's POV

Only a few more minutes until it's officially my 18th birthday. My birthday, fortunately, fell on a weekend this year, making it much easier to celebrate with friends. Years and years of my birthdays were nothing more than a reminder that I'm getting too old to be wanted. I dreaded my birthday. With every one of them marking another 100 families that wouldn't want me. This time it's different. I've officially been adopted. My name is officially Adora Moon. I got it legally changed after the papers were signed. Angela...Mom, Glimmer, and I went out for ice cream afterward to celebrate.

I watched as the clock ticked down. The clock struck twelve

"Happy birthday to..." I begin to say as my door is thrown open and someone jumps on me

"Happy Birthday, dork," Catra said to me, hugging me tightly, her face is buried into my chest.

"Thank you, Kitten," I say teasingly, I turn to my side, keeping her in my arms.

"Let's go back to sleep," I say to her.

We close our eyes and I drift into slumber.

DreamLand

"Happy birthday, Adora" the three children whisper shouted at me.

"How did you know it was my birthday?" I asked them

"Catra told us," Lonnie said, giving me a hug.

I see Catra walk into the room holding something behind her back.

"Happy Birthday, dork," She said to me with a smirk

"Thank you, what do you have there?"

"I snuck this from Shadow Weaver's snack drawer," she said, pulling out a cupcake wrapped in plastic and littered with preservatives.

"You could get in trouble for that!" I said to her

"You're worth it," Catra said, unwrapping the cupcake and putting a candle in it.

"Make a wish"

I looked at the girl in front of me, and then at the cupcake. I thought for a moment, I blew out the candle.

Exiting Dreamland

"Wake up, Princess" Cara said as she shook me awake.

I looked at her for a moment, only to remember that no, my wish hadn't come true, my mood sours, but only a bit.

"But, I'm comfy" I groaned

"Come on, the birthday girl has to be at her own breakfast," Catra said, grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

I must admit, I am hungry. I can smell the pancakes being made from up here. But looking at Catra...pancakes aren't what I'm hungry for.

Catra continues to drag me out of the room and down the steps

My ears begin to ring as I hear the other's shout

"Happy Birthday!"

I look around, Lonnie, Glimmer, Bow, and Mom are all seated around the dining table.

"Thank you, guys."

"I am going to make myself sparse tonight. After all, you are an adult now, so are most of your friends. But if I have to pick anyone up from the police station you will be in big trouble" Mom said, she was definitely teasing, but there was some seriousness behind her words.

We sat around the table, the chefs brought out the food.

"As you can see we had them cook you pancakes since they are like your favorite food in the world" Glimmer flicked her eyes at Catra for a second

"Well, second favorite food," She said with a devilish smirk

I choked on my pancake

"Adora dear, are you alright?" Mom said to me

Incase y'all didn't read my new description, yes Catra is still a catgirl

I felt Catra's tail clinging itself to my leg.

I looked down at it and smiled. But I didn't say anything about it

Catra handed me a glass of water.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The food just went down the wrong pipe" Luckily, I don't think Mom got what Glimmer was referencing.

Catra's POV

"As you can see we had them cook you pancakes since they are like your favorite food in the world" Sparkles said.

"Well, second favorite food" Her smile tainted with the impure innuendo she was teasing Adora with.

I felt my heart begin to race. I still have no clue who Adora likes. Will she be coming to the party tonight? Do I know her? Am I friends with her?

I felt my tail wrap around Adora's leg, as though I was claiming her. I didn't do it consciously, but it was a conscious decision to leave it there once I noticed.

I also noticed Adora had begun to cough. Clearly what Sparkles said caught her off guard. She's cute when she's flustered. But her being flustered is not worth suffocation. I hand her the water in front of her and she drinks it down.

Soon enough Angela leaves for work.

"So, who all is coming tonight?" I asked Adora. Maybe I can coax out of her who her crush is.

"Well, Perfuma, Scorpia, and Entrapta and WrongHordak are coming."

Those two are fine. Perfuma and Scorpia are stuck together like magnets at this point, and Entrapta doesn't really like anyone other than Hordak.

"Also Sea Hawk and Mermista"

I sighed at the mention of Sea Hawk, but at least if Mermista was going to be there too she could keep him from breaking out into a freaking sea shanty.

"Frosta, Spinny, Netossa, Kyle, Rogelio, and DT. That's it"

I don't have to worry about any of the love birds. I don't think Adora would go after a 15-year-old, even if she is about to turn 16, so that leaves out Frosta.

She couldn't possibly have a crush on DT?

No, she referred to her crush as her. She knows DT is non-binary and has always used their proper pronouns.

So is her crush just not coming? They must not be that close then. But I still had to make sure.

"Wait, since when are you friends with DT?" I asked

"They talked to me a little bit at your party, they seemed nice enough. Plus I thought it would be good to invite as many of our mutual friends as possible so you don't get bored"

She thought of me when inviting people? Wait, is that why no one seems like they could be her crush? Does she really not want me to know that badly? Still, I gave Adora the benefit of the doubt.

"Aww, how sweet of you to think of me, Princess. But I could never get bored around you"