It's Over, He's Gone

Adora's POV

It's taken some getting used to, having to distance myself from Catra. Asking if it's okay to touch her. She hasn't hugged me since the night she came home. She still sleeps with me, but she curls up at the foot of the bed like she did when we were kids. It's kind of charming in a way, sad in others. I miss her touch, I miss being able to hug her whenever. I miss holding her while we drift off to sleep. To think that someone would be so cruel as to want to take that away from someone is unbelievable. And yet, it happened.

Prime was taken into police custody not long after Catra came home. His younger brother, Hordak had helped get pictures of the illegal equipment he had in his house, in case he destroyed it because Entrapta had asked him to.

He had also filmed Prime's perp walk. Which was a glorious sight to behold. It will be even better when he is officially in prison. Watching as he grumbled to himself, no doubt about having done nothing wrong and only doing what needed to be done.

The trial is later this afternoon. Catra and Lonnie are testifying against him. The rest of us are of course going there to support them. Mom made me promise I wouldn't try to kill Prime, however, I didn't hear her make Glimmer promise so there is still a chance there will be quite the show in the courthouse.

Whatever happens today, I just hope that Catra will be okay.

Glimmer's POV

Today's the big day! I finally get to see that bastard get sent off to rot in prison.

I feel like I'm justified in saying I am one of the people most affected by his actions outside of Catra and Lonnie. Which, for the record, I in no way mean to say other people aren't affected by this as well but...this is the second time. The first time Catra went through that God-awful conversion "therapy" was because we were together, and she was taken from me. And this time I had to sit and watch as the same exact thing happened to my sister. The pain of watching the person you love have fear in their eyes because they can't stand to look at you is a feeling I knew all too well. And having to see Catra like that again...I just want to murder the son of a bitch that put Catra and Lonnie through such torture, and caused my sister so much emotional pain.

I'm hoping today will be cathartic for Catra and Lonnie. They deserve nothing less than his imprisonment.

Lonnie's POV

Suit? Check. Tie? Check. Looking fine as hell during my abuser's sentencing hearing? Check. I think I'm ready for this. They better slap him with the fattest charges that will stick. After all, he put me through. What he put Catra through?

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in"

"It's time to leave, we have to get there early enough for processing," Angela said to me.

"Is Catra downstairs already?" I asked

Catra's POV

All those years, being trapped, abused, tortured...it's all coming to an end today.

"Catra...it's time to leave," Princess said gently, peering through the small opening of the door.

She has so much patience with me. I never had that before. The man that wanted to take that from me failed. I still have her, I still have her patience, I still have her care.

Final TimeSkip Babes

"Catra to the stand please"

My time to shine I guess. I walk up and take my seat.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

"I do"

Another man, who I'm assuming is the public defense attorney. ( I don't know anything about law, give me a break. It's the dude who's on Catra's side)

"Catra, from your time, spent with Horde Prime as your parental figure, how would you describe your well-being"

"Definitely not a "well" being. He was emotionally cold and distant when it came to everything other than the things that angered him. When it angered him, he would be physically abusive with a demented smile on his face. As for his ability to care for my basic needs, he kept food in the house most of the time. That was about the only thing he did right."

He brought up a picture of the electroshock machine.

"Do you recognize this, and if so, what is your relationship with it"

"It's the machine he uses to shock Lonnie and me into submission"

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

"I can't speak for Lonnie, but he would hook me up to that and shock me while showing me pictures of the girls I am in relationships with in order to make me repulsed by them, a sort of *conversion therapy* as he liked to call it."

The man turned away from me and to the judge.

"This is not only torture, this could also be viewed as a hate crime. Using torture methods to convert one's sexuality has been illegal for some time"

The next few minutes were a blur, really. I just got out from behind the desk and went back to the pew once they told me to and vaguely listened to the rest of the hearing.

"Horde Prime, on charges of, false imprisonment, torture, and 2nd-degree assault under the pretenses of hate, you are found guilty. You are hereby sentenced to 30 years in prison."

It was like time was moving in slow motion. Everyone around me was jumping for joy. Watching as the cuffs slapped across his wrists and dragged out of the room. My heart was practically beating out of my chest, I felt the blood rushing through my eardrums. It's almost too good to be true. The man who caused me so much pain is going to rot in prison for 30 years, while I get to be with the woman of my dreams in a pain-free house.

I jumped up from my seat to join the commotion. I wrapped my arms around my princess'

I could sense the shock on her face from me doing that. I rested my head against her chest

"It's over, he's gone," She said to me

"Good riddance"

I pause for a moment and looked up

"I love you, Adora"

Her eyes were practically bulging out of her skull in surprise.

"You love me?"

"You're such an idiot"

"I love you too" 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading, I plan on writing other things in the future, not exactly sure what tho, but I hope you'll want to read.