Social Media Makes Everything Faster

Adora's POV

"You ready to go, Princess?" Catra said, reaching her hand for mine. I gladly accept, feeling her fingertips gently lace themselves around my bruised knuckles as we walk downstairs to wait for Glimmer and Lonnie.

"So, uhm... after what happened at my birthday party, our friends are probably going to ask what we are and I'm not exactly sure what to tell them if they do" I admitted to her.

I have been anxious to ask. With what happened on the date, it didn't seem like a good time. But I've already been getting texts from Frosta and Sea Hawke and I know the others won't let up once they see us, especially if they see us holding hands. And there is no way in Hell I'm letting go of her hand.

"Well, what do you want me to be?" A subtle purr behind her words.

"What kind of stupid question is that?! I want you to be my girlfriend!" I said

"Well, I'm sorry. I'm already taken" she deadpanned.

"Pie. Doesn't. Count."

"Oh, well in that case..." She leaned up and kissed me

"I'd love to be your girlfriend," she said with a smirk

"Awww!" A joyous squeal was heard. Clearly Glimmers.

How long was she watching?

*Fake cough violently* "Barf" followed by a laugh. Lonnie was watching too.

"You guys need to stop with the PDA before I really puke," Lonnie said.

"Let's just go. Sparkles you're driving. Based on Adora's driving this morning Lonnie really will puke if she drives us." Catra said as we walked out the door.

Time Skip brought to you by the fact that I need to finish this chapter so I can take a nap.

Catra's POV

"I'll see you in gym," I said to Adora, giving her a kiss. I headed off to my first period.

I never paid attention to this class so I just sat in the back and kept my head down trying to take a nap before  gym. But I couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on me. I look up to see some girls laughing and looking and pointing back and forth between me and their phone.

What is that about?

I hear more laughing and continue to look around the room, seeing other kids pulling out their phones.

What is going on?

I felt my phone vibrate

Sparkles: Have you guys seen the video yet?

Meowwow: What video?

Crop Top: Have you guys seen Adora? She ran out of first period

Wtf?

Meowwow: WHAT VIDEO?

Sparkles: Attachment:

It's a video of the comedy show, more specifically me crying and Adora kicking the guy's ass.

I grabbed my bag and ran out of class. I texted Adora.

Meowwow: Princess, Where are you? If you're going to ditch, I'm coming with you.

Princess: Behind the school.

I quickly made my way around the halls. Avoiding every teacher I could and made it to the back exit.

"Adora, are you still back here?"

"I'm over here" I heard Adora's hushed voice from behind a dumpster. I walked over to join her.

"Bow said you ran out of first period, I'm guessing you saw the video?" I said, wrapping my arm around her.

"Yeah...I kind of panicked. Some of the kids started talking about me being dangerous. There was one that was talking bad about...us...like that guy had done. I just needed to get out of there."

"We're going to get hate, you know. I don't want to have to tell you to get used to it but, you should know to expect it." I said, sadly.

It's a sad reality. Knowing that no matter what there will always be some asshole that will do something like this.

"If you aren't ready for that, we can..." she cut me off

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. We are staying together. I will kiss you in front of everyone in the world if I have to. I just wasn't expecting the people in our own school to act that way. Especially considering how open-minded our friend group is."

"Well let's be honest. Our friend group is pretty much the whole alphabet mafia"

"Yeah, they really are" She said laughing.

"So, are we going to gym, or are we ditching the rest of the day?"

"Gym. Gotta show the school the new power couple" She said with a smile

Damn right. That's my girl.

I stand up and hold my hand out to her.

"Shall we?"

"We shall," She said with a smile on her face as she stood. My hand in hers.

Gym should be fun. 

A/N: Katie McGrath is a fucking Goddess and deserves more appreciation. That is all.