Welcome Home

Glimmer's POV

I see mom's car pull around the front. I see a shadow in the passenger seat.

"OH MY GOD. THAT MUST BE MY NEW SISTERRRR!!!" I yelled at Bow, he jolted from my spontaneous excitement, and then quickly joined in.

"OH YAY. I HOPE SHE'S NICE" Bow screamed.

"We should probably stop yelling now, we don't want to scare her off while she's still in the car."

Bow and I race downstairs, preparing to greet my new sister.

The doors open. Mom walks in first.

"Glimmer, when I said to be calm when I got home, I really did mean it. That goes for you too Bow"

Mom said sternly.

"Now" She walked in slightly more allowing the girl behind her to enter. "This is Adora"

"hiiiiii"

*Ahem*

"I mean, hi, I'm Glimmer. This is my friend Bow. I'm so happy to meet you. I've always wanted a sister. OMG, I like your jacket. Oh, now I'm rambling, sorry.

"It's fine. It's nice to meet you too." Adora said, with a much calmer voice than I could ever muster.

"Here, give me your bag, I'll show you your room," I say as I snatch her bag with one hand and grab her hand with the other and run up the stairs with her.

"That poor girl will be exhausted by the end of the day" I hear my mom say to Bow

he chuckles and then runs up the stairs after us.

"So this is your room, I know it isn't much but it's home," I say to Adora.

Adora's POV

I walk into my new room with Glimmer still having a death grip on my hand.

" So this is your room, I know it isn't much but it's home." Glimmer says to me.

She turns to me, but I can't muster up any words. I'm too in shock by all of this. A huge home, rich family. Nice bedroom. An excitable foster sister. I don't think I would have ever dreamt this to be my life.

"Are you...alright?" Glimmer says. Bow right behind her.

I didn't realize it, but I had started crying.

"Yeah I'm fine, this is all just a lot for one day. I didn't expect my first foster family to actually be nice based on all the stories of others." I told them.

"Can I have a few minutes to put some of my stuff away and relax?"

"Of course, my room is just two doors to the right. So if you need anything come and ask. I'll come to get you when it's time for dinner."

I finished putting my stuff away, my room still looked empty. I laid on my bed and drifted off to sleep.

Somewhere in Dreamland

"Come on Kyle! They are gonna get another touchdown if you don't run faster."

"I'm sorry I'm not a giant like you! I can't just step 3 times and be at the end zone!"

I see Lonnie running towards Kyle, getting ready to tackle him. Then all of a sudden, she trips.

A volleyball had mysteriously landed near her feet just as she was near Kyle.

Kyle makes the touchdown. I hear the most adorable laugh off in the distance.

"Sorry about that Lonnie, the ball must've bounced off the wall and towards the field," Catra said sarcastically.

"Yeah right, you were just trying to make it so your precious little bestie could win!"

Suddenly Catra got a little defensive

"Yeah, cause I would totally rather let Adora win than seeing Kyle faceplant in the mud."

"Alright come on guys, I think we're done for the day," I say as I walk over to Catra.

"You totally helped me win," I whispered to her.

"Did not"

"Did too"

"Fine, but it wasn't cause I like you or anything"

Exiting Dreamland

"Le knock-knock" Glimmer said while knocking on my door.

"Huh..." I said groggily.

"It's time for dinner."

Angella's POV.

The girls came down to the dining room and sat across from one another. Adora looks much less in shock about this whole ordeal than earlier today.

The chef enters the room along with the waitstaff and places our food in front of us. I wanted the first meal Adora had with us to be a good one. So I picked something simple yet delicious. Chicken Cordon Bleu.

I watched as Adora took her first bite.

*muffled* "Oh my God, that's incredible," She said.

"I'm glad you like it".

"So Adora. Tomorrow, if you are feeling up to it. Glimmer and I would like to take you shopping. I noticed you didn't have much stuff to bring with you."

"Thank you, but I don't have any money." She said.

"Adora, if you haven't noticed, we are like filthy fuckin rich. So you don't have to really worry about making a dent in our pockets."

"Glimmer! Watch your language"

"Sorry mom, I just don't want Adora to feel like she has to pay for everything she gets."

"I get that, but there are ways to express that without profanity."

"So, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" I asked her again hoping now she wouldn't think herself a problem.

"Yes please".