Why Don't Fantasies Last?

"You care to join me?"

Before I could even respond I felt Adora's hands on my hips. She pulled me close.

Then she pulled us both into the pool.

My head is now back above water, I freeze. Adora swims over to me and splashes me.

I stay frozen.

"Catra, you okay?"

Fuck it.

I place my hands on her shoulders. I stare for another few seconds

I hear slight pitter-patter on the pavement. I choose to ignore it. That is until

*Splash!*

Adora and I pull away. We look around. OF COURSE, YOU WOULD

"Hey, guys!"

"Sparkles, Crop Top. Care to give a girl a warning before you cause a Tsunami?"

"Thought it would be funnier if we surprised you," Bow said.

Bow's POV (I want to try to include him more. I just don't know how to quite write his energy properly)

Glimmer and I spent the day at the mall. We got matching crop tops!

On the car ride, home Glimmer gave me control of the music.

I think Glimmer is a little oblivious to the fact that I like her so I try to make it obvious

Playing: Mickey Darling OHNO! Ft. Kevin Walkman

"Oh no, shit here we go again.

I know that we could be more than friendly

What does that even mean?

I want a love that's seen on TV"

I continue to sing along to as many friends to lover songs as possible. I don't know why I can do that but I can't just tell her.

When we get back to her house we go up to her room. I see Catra and Adora down at the pool.

"Hey, Glim. I got an idea. Get into your swimsuit"

Together we go down to the pool.

I see Catra with her hands on Adora's shoulder's

Maybe that means she doesn't have a thing with Glimmer anymore

I grab Glimmer's hand and with the other hand count down from 3.

On 1 we began to run to the pool together.

We jumped. It created a huge splash.

"Hey, guys!" Glimmer and I said.

"Sparkles, Crop Top. Care to give a girl a warning before you cause a Tsunami?" Catra looks like she wants to rip our heads off.

"Thought it would be funnier if we surprised you," I said.

"Oooh there's four of us now, wanna play pool volleyball? I saw a net in the pool house" Adora suggested.

We played a few rounds. Adora and Glimmer paired up. Catra and I were a team. We did it that way to make it more fair considering Glimmer and I aren't the best at volleyball."

After Catra and I were declared the victors we all went inside and dried off. We ordered some pizza.

"Are you sure you want pizza? After today at lunch I would never want to look at something with the same name again" Glimmer asked Catra.

"Yeah, need to make up for that sorry excuse of a meal."

"Who wants to watch a movie?" I suggested. This late at night Glimmer will likely fall asleep on my shoulder while the movie is on.

"I'm down," Catra said.

"If she's up for it, so am I"

Glimmer and Adora both looked at each other.

"NO HORROR MOVIES" they shouted in unison.

We decided to watch Scott Pilgrim VS. The World

Adora's POV.

"I love how self-respect was a greater power than the power of love. The world should take notes." Catra whispered, trying not to wake Glimmer, who was asleep on Bow's shoulder, who was also now asleep.

I look at the time. 12:34 A.M.

"Do you just want to stay the night?"

"Yeah, sure." She said.

We walk up to my room together. I give her some clothes to change into for pj's.

"I'm going to need a blanket for the couch," She said

Something must've been in that pizza cause I was feeling bold.

"Or we could just share my bed?"

The lights are dim, but I swear she has a hint of blush on her face.

"O-kay" she said, sounding a little lost for words.

We crawled into my bed. She's facing away from me. My boldness still hasn't left me yet it seems as I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close. I feel her tense.

"Sorry! Are you okay, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" I really don't want her to feel weird about being in bed with me.

"Relax, Princess. I just wasn't expecting the spooning. Just keep your arm there" She said

Princess

I shiver a bit at that word but I quickly relax again as I hear her drifting off to sleep with a subtle purr coming from her mouth

My my, Kitten, why so adorable?

I drift off to sleep myself.

"Princess" Catra whispered in a sultry tone

"Wake up, Princess" she pushed at me a little bit

"Catra? What are you doing up, it's the middle of the night?"

"I can't stop thinking" her tone seems to be getting more flirty.

"Thinking about what?"

"Just how earlier you said, when it comes to rainbows, you always end up on top...Yet you aren't on top of me?" Her tone switched from flirty, to seductive.

"Catra..I..."

"Adora!" I feel myself being shaken awake

Of Course, it was a dream

"Are you okay? You kept saying my name"

Yeah, but definitely not because something was wrong.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a weird dream" I said, trying to play off the fact that I almost had a spicy dream about my oldest friend.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Catra said, rolling back over.

She grabbed my hand and wrapped it back around her waist.

She wants me to hold her. Cute.