Hurts like Hell

Warning: The chapter includes some minor descriptions of abuse/torture.

Glimmer's POV

"Who does Adora like?" Catra asked

It would make all of our lives so much easier and both of them would be able to get it over with and be happy together. But it's not my place, Adora or her should be the ones who decide to tell the other their feelings. I can't tell her

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Hoping she would just assume I didn't actually know who she liked.

"Don't play dumb Sparkles. I heard you guys downstairs. Who does she like?"

"It's not my place to say Catra. It's her choice if she wants you to know or not" I say. Please just drop the subject.

"Please Glimmer. I just want to know so I can see what exactly it was she fell for. Maybe then if the girl she likes doesn't like her back, I will have a chance."

God Catra, she already fell for you dumbass. It's actually quite comical how oblivious they both are to the other's feelings. This is really making me wonder how on Earth Catra was able to work up the courage to ask me out in the first place. Maybe she just didn't like me as much as she does Adora. Or Oh, no. Am I more painfully obvious about liking people than Adora is to the point where even Catra can notice? If I am. Does that mean Bow already knows I like him? Does he really not like me back? I quickly shook the thought. I knew if I didn't I would begin to cry.

"I'm sorry Catra. You have to ask her yourself." I say as I walk out the door, I look behind me once more and say

"It really wouldn't hurt for you to ask" I close the door behind me and walk back down to the living room.

Catra's POV

"I'm sorry Catra. You have to ask her yourself" Sparkles says as she starts walking out of my room. She turns to me

"It really wouldn't hurt for you to ask," She says finally as she closes my door.

But it would hurt. It's going to hurt like Hell. I haven't even done it yet and I know that it will send a searing pain through my whole body if I hear any name other than my own come out of Adora's mouth.

It will hurt like Hell for me to be kneeling down at her feet and pleading with her to stay with me instead of anyone else.

It will hurt like Hell for the girl that she does like when I am unable to contain my jealous rage and attack her for stealing the most important person in my life from me.

It will hurt like Hell knowing she won't always carry me into the house when I'm tired. Or look after me when I'm sick. That she will have someone else cuddled up to her at night.

I don't want to look into her eyes as she tells me she loves someone else.

I lay down on my bed and I try to think of something else. Anything else. My mind is still always brought back to Adora. So instead I tried going back to sleep.

"Catra!"

I turn and see nothing but darkness.

"You can't seem to keep your filthy paws away from trouble, can you? Always getting yourself and Adora in danger." Shadow Weaver said.

"I'm sorry" I cried out

"I'll make you sorry"

Everything went blank. My surroundings shifted. Suddenly I'm in a dark room with a TV in front of me.

"Now Child. Let me show you exactly why you shouldn't be running around with those types of girls" I see Prime standing next to me. Placing his hand in a not so gentle grip on my shoulder.

The video played. Two women had kissed and then were shown on their death-beds. After they died they were in the fiery depths of Hell. I'm crying

My surroundings changed again.

I'm strapped down. I can't move. I feel the cold metal against my back. The pads against my temple. I begin to sob

"I told you not to go around with that Adora. It's time for you to be brought back into the light" Prime said

"Please don't!" I begged. My voice was raspy. My throat was raw. I could hardly breathe.

Suddenly I am being gently shaken awake. I open my eyes and see Adora standing over me.

She pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Kitten. You're okay. You're safe. I've got you" she said.

"I can't let them take you from me" I whispered into her chest.

"No one will ever take me from you. I'm always going to be your friend" She said.

"Friend...right"

"Yeah...friend" Adora whispered again. She sounded kind of sad.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Adora asked me.

"It was just a nightmare, I'm better now that you're here," I said

"I'll always be here for you, Kitten"

I felt my face start to blush again.

"Can I sleep in your room again"

"Of course"