Living Room Confessions

Catra's POV

Despite me having done nothing today other than ogle Adora and fake a fever, I was fairly exhausted. Adora carrying me from the car into the house was making my sleepiness take over. I always say stupid things when I'm tired.

"I should get a fever more often" I joked

"Well, if you were sick all the time I wouldn't be able to hang out with you. So don't go doing that."

Adora carried me into her room and placed me on her bed. I looked up at her. Drowsiness overflowing my eyelids.

"You wanna know a secret?" I asked

"Sure?"

"I don't actually have a fever"

"What do you mean you don't have a fever? Your face was burning up during try-outs and the car ride home." Adora said.

I was going to respond. I was going to tell her how the reason my face was fire engine red was because I was ready to jump her bones. But exhaustion beat me to the punch, and I fell asleep.

Adora's POV

I carried Catra into the house and laid her on my bed. She looked absolutely exhausted. Her fever must be affecting her pretty badly.

"You wanna know a secret?" She said

"Sure?" I can only imagine what kind of secrets she will tell during a feverish delirium

"I don't actually have a fever"

What? Of course, she has a fever. Why else would her face be red hot? Why would she have allowed me to carry her?

"What do you mean you don't have a fever? Your face was burning up during try-outs and the car ride home." I asked.

She didn't respond. She had fallen asleep.

She does have a fever. Her stubborn ass just won't admit it. But that doesn't quite make sense since she was the one who suggested she had a fever in the first place. Why would she do that and then deny it later?

I choose not to think about it further. I go grab a bottle of aspirin and a glass of water for when she wakes up. I set it on the nightstand. I decide I don't want to get sick and so instead I go to hang out with the others.

Bow's POV

Adora came into the living room and sat down with us.

"How's Catra's fever?" I asked

"She's taking a nap now. Why do you all keep saying "Fever" like that?

"Oh come on Adora! Are you seriously that blind?" Lonnie asked

"Lonnie, stop" Glimmer said.

"What do you mean?" Adora asked.

I looked at Glimmer. We all know that Adora and Catra have feelings for each other, but we know it isn't our place to out Catra's feelings. So I interjected.

"She means that we have been teasing you," I said. I gave Lonnie the "stop before you do something stupid" look

"Teasing me about what?" Adora asked.

I sighed and then chuckled a bit.

"Adora, we all know you like Catra"

"What! No! I...don't...I don't know, it's complicated" Adora continued.

"Why's it complicated?" Glimmer asked.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because she's my oldest friend who just so happens to have dated my foster sister!" Adora snapped.

"If this is about breaking the girl code. I'm good, you can have her. I...I like someone else" Glimmer said looking down nervously.

"Thanks, Glim. But that doesn't change the oldest friend part." Adora continued her tone glum.

"That doesn't matter. Look at Kyle and Rogelio. They knew each other just as long as you and Catra did. They ended up together, and they are happy" Lonnie said.

"I'm just scared. I don't think she likes me like that"

I glared at Lonnie and mouthed. "Don't say anything"

"Adora, you will never know unless you try," Lonnie says.

Thank God. While I know it would ease Adora's mind to know Catra likes her back, I really think it's best for her to find out on her own. It's more exciting that way. Plus then Catra won't kill us.

Catra's POV

I woke up in Adora's bed. I walked down the stairs to see the others talking

"I'm just scared. I don't think she likes me like that" I heard Adora say.

"Adora, you will never know unless you try," Lonnie told her.

Who the FUCK does Adora like?

I continued to walk into the living room trying to keep my cool. Maybe they'll tell me what they were talking about.

"Hey, guys. Whatcha talking about?" I asked as nonchalantly as possible

"Oh, h-hey Catra. We weren't talking about anything important" Adora said. She sounded nervous.

I don't want to push it. So I just sat down beside them.

"How are you feeling?" Glimmer asked. The way she drew it out, knowing who Adora likes yet continues to tease me for liking her made me want to rip her head off. But, I refrained.

"I'm feeling much better. Thanks for the medicine and the...carrying me, Adora" I said, I couldn't help but blush remembering only a short while ago I had been curled up in Adora's arms.

I ALMOST TOLD HER HOW I FELT. That would have been so embarrassing now.

"Are you sure? Your face is red again" Adora asked.

"I'm fine, but I think I'm going to go back up to my room," I said, getting up and running back up the stairs. I heard someone following me.

"Go away Adora"

"It's not Adora. Are you actually okay?"

"Sparkles. What do you want?"

"Why did you suddenly get red again?" She shut my door. "And don't tell me it's because of a fever that I know you don't have"

I need to know

"Who does Adora like?"