Mixed Emotions and Alcoholic Beverages

Warning: This chapter includes underage drinking and intoxication.

Adora's POV

When Glimmer and I got to the party we separated pretty quickly. I wandered around a bit and then a group of kids caught my eye. Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio. All three of them are here. I knew Lonnie would be here because she got adopted with Catra. But I didn't expect to see Kyle or Rogelio since they were adopted by separate people.

I might as well go say hi.

"You know, I thought you would have gained some muscle after all these years, Kyle"

The trio turned towards me

"Adora!" They said as they engulfed me in a hug.

"So you were the friend Catra was hanging out with yesterday?" Lonnie asked me

"Yeah I was"

We continued to catch up. Turns out Kyle and Rogelio got to reconnect about a year ago when Rogelio's family moved here and they are dating now.

We could hear someone shout from the other room

"Come to the living room for Truth or Dare if you aren't a pussy!"

I've never been a huge fan of the game but Lonnie had already started to drag me so I guess I'm playing.

I see Bow, Perfuma, Scorpia, Mermista, Sea Hawk, Netossa, Spinnerella, and Catra already in the circle with a few other people. Then Glimmer stumbles in, I think she's a little drunk. The rest of us join them on the floor.

Catra's POV.

"Come to the living room for Truth or Dare if you aren't a pussy!" DT yelled

Of course, they would be the one to start this game. I don't really want to play but I'm the host. Turning it down wouldn't look good.

I join everyone on the floor. Kyle and Rogelio walk in and I see Lonnie dragging in Adora. Damn, she looks cute. Is that a pride flag on her jacket?

The last person to walk in was Sparkles and she's a little out of it.

In the first few rounds, nobody is really doing anything risky. Most people are picking truth. People just ask the usual "Who do you like? Who in this room are you most attracted to?" those types of questions.

Then it was my turn.

"Catra, truth, or dare?" Lonnie asked

"Dare," I said with a smug expression. Instantly regretting it once she gave me the dare.

"7 minutes in heaven with Glimmer," She said with a devilish grin

Glimmer immediately got up and dragged me to the nearest closet.

"Start the timer" She yelled

"Glimmer what the hell are you doing" I whispered once we were in the closet

"The d-dare?" she slurred

I just kept looking at her with confusion

"Oh come on don't act like you haven't been flirting with me all day"

"Don't you have a thing with Crop Top?" I asked her

"He doesn't feel the same way," She said looking down at her feet

She tried to kiss me

"Glimmer, no. 1. You're drunk. 2. I wasn't flirting with you"

"Then why'd you smile at me? And invite me here?"

"Damn it Sparkles, I was smiling at Adora, and I just wanted to invite Adora. But you were next to her so I invited you along so she wouldn't think I was rude."

"Wait... are you into Adora?"

"What?! No! I just...wanted to spend time with her tonight, that's all"

"OMG, you DO like her!" She pressed on

The doors opened

"Times up lovebirds, ahh man. Sorry guys they still have all their clothes on"

I rolled my eyes and we made it back to the circle. A couple of people have seemed to drop out. One of which was Crop Top. He didn't look too happy. He turned away when I looked at him.

After the game was over Adora came up to me

"So...how were your 7 minutes in heaven?" She asked

"Honestly, felt like an eternity in Hell" I chuckled.

"Damn, poor Bow, if she's that bad of a kisser" She joked

"No, we didn't kiss or anything, We just talked and it was the most uncomfortable conversation I've had in a while" I explained.

"Oh, good." She smiled

God, she's even cuter when she smiles.

"Uhm, as much as I would love to keep talking I actually have to go back to continue that awkward conversation with Glimmer. I want to make sure she is alright." I lied. I want to make sure she isn't going to say anything to Adora.

"Okay, I'll go continue to catch up with Lonnie and the guys then" She waved goodbye.

Adora's POV

They already don't like each other, so what's the point of making sure Glimmer is okay after an awkward conversation?

I walk over to Lonnie and the guys to join their conversation but I notice Glimmer and Catra talking. Catra just hugged Glimmer? Something is definitely up.

The party ends and Glimmer and I go to the car to go home

"Do you mind driving? I'm a bit... ya know." Glimmer says

On the way home I can't help but ask

"So, what did you and Catra talk about during those 7 minutes?"

"Uhm, we just talked about how it was nice to see each other without ripping each other's faces off."

"Why did Lonnie pick you to go in with her anyway?" I already knew the answer obviously. But I wanted to know if Glimmer would actually tell me.

"Catra and I have always had a ... tension between us. I think the others have always found it entertaining," she said

Well, that's one way to describe it.

Glimmer fell asleep on the ride home, I carried her back in the house and put her in her room. Then I went to my own and went to sleep.