Gift Getters

Catra's POV

Adora's birthday is next week. Lonnie, Scorpia, and I are going shopping to get her something. Angela was kind enough to give us a little bit of money to buy her something nice.

Scorpia was excited about the shopping. She liked Adora, she thought she was nice. She also liked how happy she made Catra. So she wanted to be as helpful as possible to find her a good gift.

"So Wildcat, what kind of present should we get Adora? Clothes? Nicknacks? Movie?" Scorpia continued on listing things to possibly get Adora. None of which sounded good enough to her.

Catra thought Adora should get to have something special for her 18th birthday. Catra didn't get anything special for hers and so she knows how it feels for such a momentous occasion to be ruined by feeling like no one got you anything that mattered to you. Adora deserves something nice, that would mean something to her. She knows Adora would have done the same had she been there.

"How about we skip getting her a present, and you just tell her how you feel? I bet she would love that as a gift" Lonnie suggested

"Yeah, cause she would totally want that" Catra scoffed.

"Hey, ya never know. Maybe she would absolutely love it" Scorpia said, her tone cheerful.

"Will you two stop, she likes someone..." I froze. I stared at the shop across from us.

I walk away as Scorpia and Lonnie are talking. I have absolutely no idea what they are saying. My eyes are caught on what I hope will be Adora's perfect gift.

It's a beautiful golden wing pin. Adora would love it. It's a simplistic type of flashy. It could compliment any outfit she wears.

"Guys, I think I found what I want to get Adora!" I called over to them

"Oooo. Nice" Lonnie said.

"Cool, and you could get it engraved to say something that means something to you both!" Scorpia suggested

Engraving it isn't such a bad idea actually. I just need to figure out what I could put to make Adora love it even more.

"Yeah, you could engrave "I'm hopelessly in love with you" into it," Lonnie said with a chuckle

"Shut up dingus. I would rather Adora not have a permanent reminder of me embarrassing myself" I said.

"Wait, so are you actually going to say something to her?" Scorpia asked

"I don't know, maybe. But I'm definitely getting this thing engraved, thanks for recommending that Scorp" I say looking at Scorpia, she smiled a bit. I knew she was happy to be able to help.

We go and pay for the pin. We go to check out and continue shopping.

I go off to this kiosk that I know does engravings.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a bit. I need to add the final details to Adora's gift."

Now just to think of what it's going to say.

After getting the engraving done I find Scorpia and Lonnie again.

Scorpia found a cute pajama set with an alicorn on it to get for Adora. Lonnie got her a cat plushie.

"Put that back, Adora wouldn't want that," I said to her

"I'm not going to put it back, Adora will love it!" Lonnie said clutching the plush to her chest.

"It's like Adora will always have a little you to cuddle with when you aren't around! That's so cute" Scorpia said

I can't lie, I do enjoy the idea of Adora wanting something to remind her of me when I'm not around.

"Uhg fine. Just don't give it to her in front of me. I don't think I could handle the second-hand embarrassment,"

We went back to the house and hurried into Lonnie's room to wrap Adora's gifts.

"So what did you put on the pin?" Lonnie asked me

"It's a surprise, I'm not going to tell you just for you to ruin it"

"That's harsh, I would never ruin something so important" Lonnie continued

"But if it's that important to keep it a surprise then, I guess I'll wait."

Lonnie turned to Scorpia and whispered in her ear

"What are you whispering to her about?" I had a snarl in my voice, Why do that in front of me

"Oh, nothing" Lonnie's words lingered

"Scorpia, what did she say?" I said, my voice was stern and annoyed

"Just that it's probably your love confession"

"IT IS NOT!" I yelled and pushed Lonnie. I didn't do it too hard

"Woah, easy there tiger. I was just messing around. But are you seriously not going to tell us what it says?"

"Now that you've pulled that, yeah, you're going to have to wait."

I really hope Adora will like it.

After we are done wrapping the gifts I put them in my closet to wait until her birthday. Adora barged in

"CATRA!" She squealed

"Jesus, fuck, Adora. Ever heard of knocking?" I said, clutching my hand to my chest feeling my heart race after being spooked by the gorgeous blonde.

"Sorry, I just got something really exciting to tell you and I can't wait" Adora is hopping back and forth between her two feet. Her face is filled with pure joy. There is nothing I want more than to see that smile last forever.

"Spit it out then," I said chuckling at the bubbling girl.

"Angela wants to Adopt me!" She yelped out. She started jumping in circles. God, she really is a little kid sometimes.

"That's great Adora!" I said, pulling her into a hug. As much as I love seeing her so happy, she needs to calm down before she breaks a hole into my floor.

Adora calmed herself down and hugged me back

"I'm finally going to have a real family," Adora said, her face buried into my shoulder

"I'm glad someone finally realized how amazing you are," I said to her.

She laughed

"I probably wouldn't be nearly as likable if it wasn't for you being in my life again. Thank you, Catra." She pulled away briefly, keeping her hands on my shoulders, and looked me in the eyes. God, she better look away before I get lost in those baby blues of hers. She continued her sentence

"For everything" She pulled me back into a hug, this time I could feel her face pressing firmly into my mane. I nuzzled into the crook of her neck.

"No problem, Princess"