Searching

Adora's POV

We headed home after getting my cast on. We figured that Catra probably went home instead of to the hospital. After all, it wasn't like I was dying, it was only a broken leg.

When we pulled up to the house we noticed Catra's motorcycle still wasn't there.

"Where could she possibly be?" I asked as I hobbled my way into the house. Glimmer had to help me up the stairs.

As I sat on the bed Lonnie came in

"Hey Cat...Where's Catra?" She asked, pausing in the middle of the room.

"I was hoping you could tell me. She never showed at the hospital" I said as I pulled out my phone

I'm getting worried now. She wouldn't just blow all of us off. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.

"Maybe her phone is off?" I said with a bit of concern rising in my throat.

"Catra never has her phone off. I'm going to go get Angela"

Soon enough there was a practical family meeting being held in my room.

"Well, where could she possibly have gone?!" I asked getting more frustrated with the situation.

"I don't know! She said she was going to meet us at the hospital. Maybe her bike broke down?" Glimmer spoke trying to come up with an explanation.

"The school is only a 10-minute walk from the hospital. She would have been able to get there before we had left"

"Call the police, report that she's missing. Glimmer, you, Lonnie, and I are going driving."

I need to bring her home

We spent hours driving around calling her name. We went down every last alley. There was no sight of her.

"Do you think she could have been kidnapped?" I asked. As much as I hate to think it, it's the only explanation for her sudden disappearance.

"Who would want her?" Lonnie retorted.

"This isn't a time for jokes Lonnie! I'm really worried. What if something happened?"

We finally went home. I don't think any of us slept much that night. I couldn't, not without knowing Catra was okay.

Time Skip- 2 weeks.

Glimmer's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Catra's disappearance. The police have been keeping us notified. Her face has been plastered on the cover of the newspaper almost every day. Adora is a total wreck without her. She hasn't been eating or sleeping properly. Her grades are suffering. If you mention Catra in front of her she breaks down in tears. I can only imagine how she's feeling.

Lonnie hasn't been doing much better either. Although she is better at hiding how scared she is.

I went to Adora's room and knocked on her door.

"Adora, are you ready for school?"

I waited for a few minutes only to hear a slight mumble

"...I guess"

Adora made her way down to the car slowly. She looks miserable.

"How's your leg?"

"It's getting better I guess. Can't really tell with the cast on"

Once we got to school Adora was quick to venture off on her own. She's been doing that every day for the past week. She doesn't want anyone near her anymore.

Adora's POV

Two weeks. Two fucking weeks and we get no news. There's no sign of her. I'm going insane thinking of the possibilities of what happened to her. I can't sleep. I can't eat. Not waking up to see her next to me is slowly killing me. I can't believe she was taken from me. Again.

"Adora, are you ready for school?"

"...I guess"

Angela is forcing me to go to school. She says she understands that I'm upset but that the police will find her so I should focus on myself.

When we got to school I left Glimmer. She has been hanging around with all of our friends who try to be supportive of the situation. While I appreciate them for that, I don't think I'd be able to emotionally handle hearing Scorpia cry over how much she misses her wildcat.

After first period I made my way to gym. Another class that feels lifeless without her, Huntara even stopped calling Catra's name for attendance. I sat down on the bleachers looking down at my feet and waited for class to officially start.

*Ring*

"Alright class" Said an unknown voice.

Must be a substitute today.

"I'm your substitute for today. I'm just going to run through attendance real quick"

"Adora"

"Here"

The teacher kept going through the names until she came upon the one I dreaded to hear the most.

"Catra?"

"Actually..." I began to speak up

"Here"

My head immediately shot up. As did everyone else's. We all looked down to the end of the bleachers to see someone in a white hoodie. I walked over there ready to throw hands because of that sick joke.

But then she took down her hood.

"Hello Adora"