Trying

Catra's POV

The door opened slowly. I didn't recognize the smell. Maybe Princess isn't coming in just yet.

"Catra...I'm coming in now. Is that okay?" She asked. He never got to take her voice from me, and for that I am thankful.

"Hey, Princess...Did you change your body wash?" I asked as she walked in. I kept my eyes planted on the ground.

"I changed a little more than that. But you won't be able to see it unless you look at me."

"I don't...I don't want to get sick again...I don't want you to have to see me like that"

She walked towards me. Her feet came into frame.

New shoes? Well, new shoes and a boot

"I wasn't sure how many pictures of me he showed you, or what I wore in them. So I pretty much bought a whole new wardrobe."

She bent down to my level and put her hands under my chin.

"It's going to be okay to look up Kitten. I've got you, I'm not going anywhere and we will get through this"

I look up slightly. Her face still looks the same so far, I begin to get nauseous. I look up all the way to see that she doesn't have her hair poof up, her hair is pulled back showing off an honestly very attractive undercut.

"Well, at least you aren't puking. Are you nauseous at all?" She asked me.

"Yeah, a bit."

She handed me a box of mints.

"Mint helps with nausea. I figured I wouldn't be able to change everything. But I'll do whatever it takes to make it so you can be near me again. So I can hold you again."

"Adora..." I immediately regretted my word choice as reached for the trashcan.

Once I was done throwing up, I looked up again. She immediately handed me another mint

"So much for that helping"

We sat in silence for a while. I'm trying to look at her face. Find something that I actually hate about it that would justify the sickness I feel looking at her. But yet I can't find a single flaw, she's absolutely gorgeous. She doesn't deserve having to wait around to fix a broken girl. Finally, I broke the silence.

"I don't want you to wait for me, Princess"

"What do you mean?"

"You should be with someone that doesn't get sick to their stomach when they're around you so that you don't have to change. Someone that doesn't have to be fixed. Someone that can actually say your name."

"I don't want to be with anyone else. I want to be with you. It isn't your fault that you were put through this. One day, you will be able to say my name again. We can be together."

I leaned forward to hug her and started bawling my eyes out.

"Why would you put yourself through that for me?"

"Because all of our lives you were there for me. You protected me from Shadow Weaver. You put me first. You helped me win in football. You made my birthday feel like a special occasion. Even once you were adopted, you were the reason I wanted to stay alive. Just to see you again. Once I finally did, getting to be with you made me happier than I ever had been. Plus you're pretty cute"

"Yeah, cause that last point makes all the difference" I teased.

"Of course it does. Are you ready for bed? I can put you in your bed.

"Uhm. I...I still had nightmares while I was at Prime's. But your room might be a little too risky and well my room is well... a disaster zone" I explained, trying my best to get out the message that I still want her to sleep next to her.

"Couch?"

"Couch".

A/N: Sorry this one is a little short. I pre-wrote it and didn't feel like adding more