Where is a Tall Drink of Water When You Need One?

Glimmer's POV

Bow and I have been getting closer since Adora's birthday party. I have been throwing hints his way. I think he may be catching on.

"Do you think they are okay after this morning? Adora didn't come back to 1st period" Bow said.

"They probably ditched to go make out in a corner or something," I joked.

We walked into the cafeteria together. I saw Catra sitting at the table with her head down. I'm not surprised after this morning she's probably annoyed with the whole school.

That is until Adora walked through the cafeteria doors, nowhere near us and I saw Catra tense all her muscles, except her tail that is.

Adora sat next to her, staring for just a moment. She didn't look too concerned about Catra, so I'm assuming nothing bad happened between them. After a few minutes, Adora started rubbing her fingers through Catra's hair. I was fighting the urge to call it cute.

I soon noticed that every little bit I could hear a low hum that coincided with Catra's tail swaying rapidly, and one of her ears flicking.

There's no way. It's too early for that.

"Hey, Catra...Can I talk to you about something?" I asked quietly

She looked up at me, I saw her face completely flushed with red. Theory confirmed.

"Privately"

We went to the closest bathroom

"What's up, Sparkles?"

"You've started your heat, haven't you?"

Catra's POV

"Was it that obvious? Do you think anyone else has noticed?" I asked frantically

"No, I don't think anyone else has noticed. Why did you come to school if you were in heat?"

"I didn't. It's extremely early. I think Adora...may have triggered it somehow" I explained.

"Do you think you are going to be able to make it through the day? I can call my mom to pick you up if you can't."

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath.

"What?" She asked me

"I live with you guys. How am I going to make it through my heat with Adora around me all the time?"

"Well, sleeping in your own room for starters," She said with a giggle.

"Oh, so my choices are no sleep because of nightmares from sleeping by myself, or no sleep because I'm up all night trying not to... ya know."

"You could always tell her about it. After all, she seemed pretty willing to help you the other night" she teased.

"Shut it, Sparkles. I wouldn't be so anxious about it if you hadn't INTERRUPTED US"

"Sorry, how was I supposed to know you two move faster than the speed of light?"

"I...I just don't want to freak her out, you know? I mean, you kind of freaked out a little bit last time"

"Well, that was because you turned into this big ball of hormones, not talking to me at all but clinging to me like glue. I was all kinds of confused. So instead of doing that to Adora, you should probably tell her what's going on"

*Ring*

"Lunch is over, do you want me to call my mom or not?"

"Call her, and will you tell Adora I'm not feeling well. I'll try to figure out how to explain it to her when you guys get home."

"Alright, just go to the nurse's office to wait."

TimeSkip brought to you by me writing this while I'm in class

I don't know if Sparkles said why I was going home early to her mom, but she didn't say anything about it, which I'm thankful for.

I went upstairs, I was planning on going to my room. I really was. But the second the scent of Adora's room overcame my nostrils I couldn't help myself.

It's not like she's going to mind me resting in here, right?

I laid down on Adora's bed. This will probably be the last time I do for a little while anyway. I close my eyes and fall asleep to what's left Adora's lingering presence from this morning.

The feeling of strong arms has circled my waist. Soft breath on my neck. I felt her lips gently pressing on my face.

"Adora..." I croaked out

She didn't say anything. She just kept kissing me. Going lower down my jaw and my neck.

Once she reached the crease of my neck I felt her teeth glide against my skin as it pinched together.

"Adora please..." my mind is too hazed to hide the desperation in my voice.

"You need something, Kitten?" I hear. The voice is much more distant than the person that was just nuzzled under my chin.

Starting to think I would have preferred to have had a nightmare

I open my eyes slowly, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she wasn't actually at the other side of the room. But of course, life wouldn't let me have that sort of satisfaction.

Adora was standing there, bookbag in hand. Must have just gotten home from school.

"How are you? Glimmer said you came home because you weren't feeling well. Anything I can do to help?"

I could think of a few things

"Uh...No, I don't think so. I think I might have a cold. So I'm going to sleep in my room so I don't get you sick."

"You won't get me sick. Besides what's the point, you've already got your germs all over my room so you might as well stay where you won't have nightmares. That is if you want to." Adora said with a smile on her face.

God, why must she be so fucking considerate?

"Okay"

A/N:  I'm getting closer to finishing this book. I think I'm going to do a Legend of Korra one next.