Awkward Encounters

Glimmer's POV

"ADORA, HURRY UP. WE GOTTA PICK UP BOW" I yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming, yeesh. Your boyfriend can wait a minute" she joked while coming down the stairs.

"Why do you keep saying he's my boyfriend?" I asked her, slightly annoyed by her constantly bringing it up despite me never mentioning to her my crush on Bow.

"mmmm big strong Bow, carrying me awayyyy" Adora says in a mocking voice

I froze. I had a dream about Bow carrying me the night Adora and I watched movies. Oh, God.

"I snitched on myself in my sleep didn't I?" I asked, defeated.

"Yeah, you kinda did" She chuckled.

"I am sooo going to get you back for this"

We picked up Bow and went to school. Our first-period class was easy enough. We had Advanced Algebra but that just means the teacher doesn't pay attention to you using your phone to find the answers. Then I walked Adora to the Gym

I saw Catra through the door. I think she just smiled at me?

"Uhm, Adora. I got to get to class. I'll see you at lunch."

"Okay, see ya later"

Why would she have smiled at me?

I go off to my 2nd period, science. I have it with Perfuma and Entrapta.

"Hey, Glimmer. What's with the orange aura? Not planning on doing something stupid are you?" Perfuma asked worriedly

"Oh um, no. Just something just happened that got my head spinning a little bit, I'm fine" I said

"Was it something with Bow?" she persisted

"Glimmer is normally bubbly after something happens with Bow. This must be Catra behavior" Entrapa said, not really paying attention to the fact that what she said outed her secret feelings.

I sat down and tried to avoid eye contact with Perfuma. She isn't going to let this go.

"Oh goodness, please don't tell me you're planning on getting back together with Catra!" Perfuma said in an exasperated whisper.

"No! It's just, I swear earlier she smiled at me and it got me all kinds of confused as to why. Can we please just drop it?" I asked annoyed

"Fine, but don't go do anything stupid, I can tell you are thinking about it," Perfuma said one last time.

Catra's POV

I see Adora and Glimmer outside the gym doors. Adora looks over towards me and I smile at her. Glimmer was quick to run off after that.

"Hey, Adora," I say to the blonde

"He-ey, Catra." She said, she sounded flustered.

"How's it...." I can't finish that sentence as I feel myself being lifted into a bear hug.

"Kitty! We're about to play come on!" Scorpia says

"I won't be able to play if you crush my ribs," I say, annoyed and out of breath

"Oh, sorry," Scorpia says and puts me down.

I noticed Adora had gone off to go play basketball.

I guess I'll go talk to her at lunch.

Adora's POV

Did that girl just call Catra Kitty? She didn't seem embarrassed by that pet name. Are they a thing?

I figured she was going to go play with her either way so I just went to go join some of the others playing basketball.

Time Skip to Lunch cause I feel like it.

"Adora? Glimmer? Why do you both look so freaked out?" Bow asked snapping me back to reality.

"It's nothing," We said in unison

We looked at each other and laughed and started talking to the others.

I saw Catra start walking towards us.

"Hey, Adora," she said. God, why does she have to say my name like that?

"Sup, Sparkles," she said turning to Glimmer and winked at her.

"What do you want, Catra?" Glimmer said. She sounds nervous

"To invite Adora, and you to my party tonight. You guys are free to bring all your little friends. Perfuma and Entrapa are already coming obviously, so they might as well come too."

"S-sure" Glimmer and I said. We were speaking in unison again.

"See ya tonight," Catra said, walking off to her friend group.