No fun...

{A/N: SUICIDAL SH*T AHEAD!}

.

9 years old

.

The emo boy was walking through the dark hallways to the library of Grace Field House. He was just going to pick another book to read. After all, there was an escape he needed to make sure of - the escape of his three dear childhood friends.

The light of the moon shone through the windows that he passed by, the cold night there as always to tease him in the winter season. Even though he had his sweater with him, he could still feel the cold.

'If that weirdo was here, her hands would be cold as ice.'

He reached the library and heard some shuffling sound. 'Is there a mouse in there?' he wondered before opening the door, and the sight before him totally took him off guard.

[Y/N] was on top of a shelf that was leaning against the wall, made of books that were stacked up and seemed to be playing the role of stairs for her. She was climbing, but that was before she caught a glimpse of the emo boy.

"Sh*t." She let out a mumble, and her balance wavered. "Ah-!"

"[Y/N]!" he started to run over to the shelf, worried about her, but the girl caught her balance and after a few wobbles here and there, remained stable.

"Phew!" she let out a sigh of relief.

"What are you doing up there, you idiot?! What if you fall, huh!?!" he hissed at her.

"Sorry, Ray, but I have a perfect explanation for this and-" she cut off her little apologetic ramble to accuse him. "HeY! It was because of YOU that I ended up losing my balance in the first place! So don't get ahead of yourself and scold me, emo boy!"

"Are you for real, [Y/N]?!" he asked out of frustration. "You're going to argue over that?"

"Yes," She deadpanned.

An irk mark formed on his forehead before he snarled and glared, "Then let me remind you, you twerp. You're here in the middle of the night, out here in the library when you shouldn't be, and on top of that, you're climbing up stairs made out of books. You're the one who'll be in trouble if I snitch on you to Mama."

[Y/N] gasped. "You wouldn't-"

"I can. And I will if you don't tell me what's going on here. Or do you want to tell Mama-"

"Stargazing." she uttered out the single word, cutting him off.

"What?!"

"Stargazing." she repeated.

"I heard that, [Y/N]." he deadpanned.

"Then why did you ask me 'what?', huh?" That pissed him off further.

He rolled his eyes before saying, "I want you to tell me how climbing up there is going to help you with that."

"Well, Mr. Know-It-All, it seems that you don't know everything." she mocked him before pointing her index finger to a particularly high up window. "That window? I'm going to climb up to it and squeeze my way through to be outside and stargaze." she nonchalantly stated before resuming her climb up the books.

"But-" he started, but the girl cut him off and momentarily paused.

"This is the only window in the house that isn't gridded," she explained, as her gaze kept itself fixated upon the little window. "It can actually be unscrewed, unlike the rest of the windows in this house."

The boy stared in awe and surprise as she continued to climb, up to the pane of glass and then to its latch. As she opened it, a cold breeze entered the library.

Curious (Ray x  Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें