Tease (Part 2)

[Y/N] walked a few steps away from the secret room before her knees gave away. "That was way too much!" She whispered to herself as she felt the heat radiating off her face and even ears.

You know, sometimes, you do something really stupid, and when I say 'stupid' I mean really very stupid? At that moment you don't realise how idiotic you're being, but later, after a few hours (probably when you're about to sleep), you have that one moment of enlightenment and wisdom where you realise how much of an idiot you were or are for doing that. And everyone saw you and yet they didn't tell you, those b*tches, and now you're drowning in an ocean of utter embarrassment, and it's crippling enough to convert you into a ball of shame, literally and metaphorically?

That feeling that you should just dig a hole in the ground and hide there for the rest of your life, or even better, just die there the moment you enter the hole. You know, no one has to even bury you then! Efforts saved, and in addition to that some burden is off people's shoulders and such.

Or the feeling of just wanting people to ignore your whole existence and forget all about you.

Yes, you got it right. That's exactly what [Y/N] is going through.

"Good job, [Y/N], you've ruined it all. You just had to do that, now didn't you-?" Her thoughts were cut off when she heard a distant rustling, like someone bumping into something before bumping into something else. So she walked towards the noise. 'They say curiosity kills the cat, but who cares? After all, I'm not a cat! Get it? Get it? Hahaha! I'm really bad at jokes, aren't I…?'

After a few steps she heard someone. "H- Who are yo-u?!" The voice cracked slightly.

[Y/N] deepened her voice the best she could and said, "Your Worst Nightmare..." and her steps took her to the person's hiding place.

Batman style!

"Huh-?" The person stuttered. "Oh my gOD! IT'S A-"

The girl stepped forward, placing herself right behind the person, her hand gently muffling them. "Oh Theo," she smiled warmly, her voice back to normal, "it's me, [Y/N]."

And It's me! MArIo~

She let go of the kid, turning him around to show herself to him and calm his nerves down.

"Oh." Was the only response she got, though.

"Whatcha' doin' up so late?" The crackhead asked.

"Just thirsty. I was walking to the kitchen, but you scared me to death, really. I thought someone broke in."

"I didn't scare you, you were being jumpy." She accused as she ushered the little guy towards the kitchen. "You were bumping into stuff - it was really noisy I must say, actually, you should be more concerned about other people's sleep!"

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, I'll keep what you said in mind from now onwards." He lowered his head as if he was ashamed of himself.

"Woah- you're actually taking my words seriously, I really don't know how to respond to this." The weirdo blinked in her star of confusion. 'Should I go for the one where I act nice? "Oh, it's okay, don't feel down about it!" Or should I go for the one where I assert dominance? "BOW BEFORE ME PEVION! FROM NOW ON YOU ARE A SLAVE OF MINE!! Mwhahahahaha!" The latter one is perfect to get me another minion!'

"It's just that I'm afraid of the dark," Theo continued, emptying a glass full of water. "I always used to ask Jake or Monica to hold my hand whenever it was dark."

The idiot frowned a bit. "You think of everyone here as family, right?"

Theo nodded in agreement.