Goldy Pond

"Are you sure we're underground?" [Y/N] asked for the fifth time as she marveled at the clear sky above them.

"..."

"You're ignoring me now? Is that how it's gonna be?" She asked before turning to the boy beside her. "Raaaaaaaaaay, he's ignoring me!"

"I gotta ask you, geezer, how are you able to ignore her when she's being this annoying?" Ray decided to turn to the adult for advice.

"Wha-" [Y/N] gasped, taken by surprise at the rude comment.

"Just pretend that she's not around or something like that, she'll eventually go away."

"Got it."

"You two are so cruel to me!" She accused the young and old Rays before crying out, "Emma, where are you?! Please come back! I'm not loved here!"

"Are you done with all the drama?" Ray asked.

"You're so insensitive." She pouted. "You-"

The loud sound of whistles cut her off.

Ray ushered [Y/N] closer before mumbling, "What was that?" He then turned again to the man, urging him to give an answer.

But the said man was only able to reply with, "I don't know. But it's definitely different from what it was like the last time I was here." His expression was that of surprise and shock.

"We should hurry-" [Y/N] was again cut off, and this time by loud sounds of bombs being set off. She flinched at the booming sounds as the bombs burst one after the other, the smoke released by them creeping up to the sky.

"Let's check out the nearest explosion site." The man suggested and the two nodded in agreement, following the Mr. Guide slash Bodyguard as he led them through the thick bushes, sneaking up to the suspicious site, hoping that they could find someone to answer the questions that ran through their brains at the moment.

'What's happening here?'

.

.

.

The sight before them wasn't pleasant.

There stood a slender, pitch black demon with fresh blood in its mouth and the limp body of a man in its hand. On the ground laid two women, black haired and blue haired, injured and unconscious.

It was a bloody sight indeed. It almost made [Y/N] feel nauseated. She could feel the fear creep up on her, the fear that not just these kids, but her and Ray might get killed right here and now. As a result of these thoughts plaguing her mind, she stuck close to Ray.

"Where are you?"

Sure, she could hunt animals now in the blink of an eye, not hesitating when she pierced them with the Vida flower - she did feel sorry for them, but it was for the sake of her family's survival, there was no room for hesitation - but watching actual humans almost die right in front of her was something she couldn't handle.

"You better come out..."

But she couldn't give up just yet. She had to observe the situation, even if it meant taking in the sight of blood that was sprayed on tree trunks and in puddles on the ground so that she could retrieve her Sunshine. And, if possible, help these children out in the process. Because that's what Emma would want, and there was no way [Y/N] would go against Emma's wishes.