Journey to Goldy Pond (Part 2)

"EMMA!"

The two reached out for her, but she was already gone.

The old man gripped onto both of their jackets and yanked them over to him, their hands slipping out of each other's grip. "Don't go after them!" He hissed. "Or they'll take you, too. We gotta run!"

"Let go, you-" Ray struggled under the man's headlock, while [Y/N] bit the man's hand and caused him to let go of her.

'Should I point a gun at him? But with Ray still caught in that headlock, if I make a mistake, Ray will be injured!' [Y/N] racked her brain for a plan.

"Ow!" The man let out a whimper.

"Ray!" She tried to pry the man's hand off of Ray. "Let go of my best friend, you jerk!"

"You little brat! Keep it down!" He whisper-yelled.

[Y/N] immediately understood the reason behind the man's order, but she still insisted upon freeing Ray. "If you don't let go of Ray, I'll scream!!"

That finally made the man drop him. Ray fell onto the ground, coughing as he tried to catch his breath again.

[Y/N] instantly took a protective stance in front of Ray, with her rifle pointing at the old man. "I've had enough of your sh*t. If you so much as even take a step forward or move, I'll shoot you down." she threatened.

"[Y/N], --cough-- you can't, we won't know where-" Ray stood up in front of her, and she lowered her weapon.

"Then let's make the biggest riot over here, so that whatever took Em away will kidnap us too." She refused to reason. "We can manage without-"

"[Y/N]!" Ray gripped her shoulders and shook her. "Snap out of it!"

Her lips quivered ever so slightly. She wanted - no - she needed to let out her frustration, but nonetheless she gave in to Ray's reasoning and let out a little 'Fine.'

"I'll answer your queries, but let's get to a safer place for the time being." The man suggested.

.

.

.

"You guys did well. You were able to react." The man avoided the topic of retrieving Emma.

"You've got some explaining to do. What was that?" Ray asked, [Y/N]'s hand in his, which he gripped in fear of having her taken away as well. "Take us? To where?! Is she alive?!"

The man remained silent as Ray gritted his teeth together.

"Answer me!"

"Shut up! They might still be around." The man reminded them. "Stay quiet. She's still alive. They probably haven't started yet. She won't die for a while, but..."

"Did Emma get caught by demons?"

'Demons? Oh-' The man nodded. "That's right."

"By the poachers?"

"Yeah. Or to be accurate, a group of them." The man explained. "I drew them here as a way to get rid of you guys. Wild demons don't normally get fired at, so they don't usually have so many regenerated parts."

"Could it be..." The pair's eyes widened in realization. 'That stunt from the first day!'

"I purposely shot it many times." He said before turning to the girl. "And you pumped a lot of shots into them, too."

[Y/N] gasped, for it was her mistake. 'Yeah, and I missed a lot. Made them regenerate without killing them!'

The man further explained how he left clues for the poachers to follow. "I knew they would be on the lookout."