Next chapter

{Because I don't know what to name this chapter XD} 😎👌

'I'm sure Oliver just wanted to check on me after last night,' [Y/N] thinks to herself after getting hours of reading done but not coming across anything new.

"[Y/N]!!" Dominic and Mark came running towards the girl with Theo following them.

"Hm?"

"Listen to this," the chubbier one chirped, full of enthusiasm. "Dominic hit the practice target right in the centre!!!!"

"I've been practicing since you guys returned from Goldy Pond!" The white haired boy said with his doe eyes sparkling in excitement.

"Really?!" The girl grinned, joining in on the little celebration.

Mark nodded happily. "It went whoosh!!!! And then it- it hit right at the target with a loud thump noise!!!"

"It's all thanks to Theo, who taught me how to aim properly!" Dominic smiled. "But do you know that Mark's been working really hard on learning medicinal plants, like edible ones?"

"Yes, I've heard that from Anna! Good job, both of you! Aw, I can already see you hunting! You should tell everyone else about this!!" The girl cooed at her cute young siblings, watching them run off happily to spread the news before turning to their teacher Theo. "You'll make a great teacher, I suppose." She smiled genuinely at him.

"No, he's just a fast learner," Theo humbly dismissed.

"Nah, correct guidance is what cultivates talents."

The boy smiled. "That's a nice saying…"

"I wish I knew who said that. Or, it's just me being wise for once," [Y/N] shrugged. "I guess the world will never know."

The boy just chuckled softly in response, and [Y/N] feels a bit sad for the boy's loss at Goldy Pond.

"Hey, we're family, so if you feel lonely, feel free to come to me and vent." She gives him a tight hug. "Okay?"

"Sure!" He returns the hug.

"[Y/N]!" Another voice calls for the girl's assistance, prompting [Y/N] to give an apologetic smile to the boy before scurrying off in the direction of the sound.

'That hug reminded me of Monica…'

.

"[Y/N], you promised that you'd teach me more about drawing techniques, and together we'd make a masterpiece!" Yvette pouts.

"I'm so sorry, I totally forgot about that!" The idiot readily admitted. "But there's still time before I get better and I can join you."

The younger girl smiled at this, then happily handed an oddly familiar sketchbook to the older sibling.

[Y/N] gasps at the sight of it. "I thought I left it back at the house."

"But I brought it with me!" Yvette smiles brightly. Seeing the sketchbook in its rightful owner's hands was so satisfying to her. "You put your heart into your drawings, and I'm well aware of that. There's no way I could have left them to burn away, at least not all of them."

"Yvette, you're the best!!!" [Y/N] hugs the girl dearly. "I can't thank you enough!"

"[Y/N], I think there is a way to thank me," Yvette giggles.

"Hm? What is it?" The dumb girl tilts her head to the side, confused on what her sibling's wish could be.

"Let's paint that room!"

"Which one?"

"The one that has all the writings on the wall. It's really creepy, but if the room was painted and cleaned, we'll have more space!"