Alpa- What, now?!

If you HAVEN'T read the manga and don't want any spoilers, please turn back! 

You have been warned...

The kids had been running through the night, and dawn had already greeted them, but their pace was now slowing down... They were tired and hungry, obviously.

'This so... different... I never thought that the outside world would be like this... It seems as if the vegetation has undergone a lot of changes but doesn't that need thousands of years? Mutation is really very slow process... But we predicted only a span of 30 years.' her thoughts started running wild as she awed at the giant trees

"Emma." Don called out

"Yeah." She replied in understanding before announcing "Guys! Let's take a break. We should eat breakfast now."

'And this terrain, if only I knew where we are, I could've been able to tell if more that thousand years have passed or not... But as I've read through some books, some of the natural phenomena can completely change the look of a place like an earthquake, a tsunami or a volcanic eruption as in case of Mt. Fuji in Japan that erupts every century or two...' [Y/N] continued to think, ignoring the voices of her siblings.

"[Y/N]..." A voice called her but she was still engrossed in having her internal ramblings.

"[Y/N]!" The voice called out, louder than before, growing impatient to all the times she was ignoring it.

The girl was brought back to Earth by the sudden loud voice.

"Yes, Ray?" She said.

"Were you listening to me until now?" Ray asked, frustrated because of her. And he knew very much d*mn well the answer she was about to give him.

"Sorry, I didn't... So what were you talking about again?" She sheepishly smiled.

"We're taking a break and you clearly aren't even keeping a watch out, so just eat your breakfast now." He told her

"Hey! I'm not slacking off!" She retorted

"I never said you were." He replied in his monotonous voice.

"Hmph! I'm not hungry so let me be." She pouted but her stomach said otherwise as it let out a loud growl.

The girl blushed with embarrassment while the boy smirked.

"Not hungry, eh?" He hummed teasingly.

"I hate you!" She said as her hands covered her now pink face, before running off to her siblings, ready to stuff some food into her mouth and down the oesophagus to her stomach so that it wouldn't embarass her anymore later.

.

.

.

She wandered around the forest, still too surprised and enchanted by the weird vibes it gave off. A piece of bread still stuffed in her mouth as she slowly chews on it.

A rustling sound made her turn in its direction. But her eyes only met with the stationary surroundings. Her eyes still searched for the slightest of movements. Her ears perked at the sound of the dry leaves that were crushed under her feet.

She walked wherever her feet took her and before she knew it, she was already able to listen Ray and Emma talking, well... More like Ray apologising about being a dimwit during the escape...

"Even though I was about to leave them behind. They still care for me when I don't deserve it." He furrowed his eyebrows before turning to Emma "I'll live and protect this family, everyone one in this family, just like you. This time for sure, I vow. No matter what happens, I'll never abandon them again." He said confidently and truthfully.