Tease (Part 4)

{A/N: The fact that I can't come up with a title has nothing, I said 'NOTHING', to do with the fact that these chapters are named 'Tease (Part number)', believe me! I swear!!}

[E/N: dw author i believe in you 💪]

"I'll be back in 30 minutes, you all better get back in shape and be ready for another round of training!" Dad scolded.

"I wonder what they're going through in that training. Those people came out pretty beat up and exhausted yesterday," [Y/N] mumbled as she saw Yuugo crack his knuckles and come out of the little training center in their shelter.

Anna hummed in agreement. "Maybe we should get them some energy drinks."

"Do we have all the herbs we need, though?" Nat asked.

"[Y/N] had already told me to cultivate and collect herbs, right before the day she and the others departed for Goldy Pond."

"Really?! You've been planning since then?"

"It's only obvious with our luck that we would need training at some point, and for that we need to practice; and for that we need life, which is what my Angel here brewed."

"Plus, energy drinks are pretty much one of the basics of survival," Anna added.

"We've got your delivery!" Thoma and Lanni announced as they both carried a few bottles.

"You're just in time!" The angel smiled at the vegetables.

"Good job, soldiers!" [Y/N] saluted. "I'm proud of you! And I'm sure Officer Emma will be too!"

"Thank you, commander!"

Anna giggled at the cute little act before heading towards the training hall with a few bottles of the drink, [Y/N] and Nat following right behind her while the soldiers take their leave, but not before listening to [Y/N]'s little order.

"Bring Theo and yourselves to the 'basement call center' during my shift tomorrow. The rest of the details won't be needed."

Of course, the soldiers agreed before scurrying off to help others or cause more mischief. It's always one of the two.

"Anna, leave Ray for me, okay?" The weirdo whispered.

"Sure!" The blonde unquestioningly agreed.

You're really too pure, Anna. Good luck keeping that up with [Y/N] around, though.

"Guys! We got you refreshments!" Nat cheered as Anna and [Y/N] walked around passing the bottles.

Everyone basically cheered, though their cheers were more of a groan, almost as if zombies had finally awakened from the dead and were celebrating the occasion. A sight to behold, really.

But Ray's expression added to the way he was looking at the moment. That was probably the thing that the idiot found most amusing.

His forehead was covered in sweat, making his bangs stick to it while the rest of his hair was messy. Even if he looked too handsome to be true like he is, his ear had started to redden, since [Y/N] is here.

Her advances that night had left him a flustered mess. He really couldn't seem to uphold his stoic personality around her now, for some reason.

He'd never faced such a problem before, but it's different now.

[Y/N] walked over to Ray, the very last person she had to hand a drink out to.

"Here you go, Ray," she smiled at him as she gave him the bottle, then sat right beside him; with distance between them, of course.