Chapter 32 - Karma and Donuts

When the referee started the fight with an enthusiastic shout, Friday stayed on his spot as he watched the martial art fighter surged towards him with all his might. The broken arm and leg made the fighter's movements sluggish, making the way he ran towards Friday awkward.

From the corner of the martial art fighter's eye, he even saw some people jeering at him, laughing as they point their fingers. Combined with Friday's confident attitude, standing relaxed, with no intention of fighting him, the martial artist's anger reached the boiling point.

Like a volcano erupting, the man went berserk. His face turned red, and veins popped on the side of his forehead, eyes bloodshot.

The martial art fighter screamed like a beast, letting his emotions out as he aimed a potent punch towards Friday's face.

On Friday's side, he felt his hair rise when he realized that he's been waiting too long for the signal. A sense of danger washed over him as the fist came closer to his face. He immediately maneuvered to the side to avoid his opponent's punch. While Friday luckily protected his face from being mutilated, he failed to evade the martial art fighter's swift kick!

The kick sent Friday flying in the air before rolling on the arena floor, holding his abdomen painfully as he cursed under his breath. The blow felt like an iron club pounded his stomach, forcing all his breath out while simultaneously breaking a few of his ribs.

"F*ck..." With just one hit, Friday already felt like fainting. His five-old-year old body is no match for that kick enhanced with Nen.

Everyone watching the match was silent for a moment after witnessing what happened.

The referee paused for a second before shouting, "A critical hit and a down!"

"Milluki got hit! This is the first time I've seen this happened! Will he really lose this round, earning him his first loss?!" The commentator's voice held some excitement and anxiety. She's responsible for commenting on Milluki's pass matches and knew very well that no one has ever laid a finger on him. All his opponents have fainted the moment the fight started.

Lose?

Friday bit his lip as he struggled to get up from the floor. He was about to look for Illumi in the stands, but the martial art fighter didn't give a chance.

Using his unbroken arm, he grabbed Friday's small neck and pinned him into the ground again.

"...You're actually this weak." The martial arts fighter glared at him furiously. With enough force, he could kill this brat once and for all.

Friday didn't have an expression on his face as he looked back at the man.

No sh*t.

"...If you're going to kill me, make it quick." Friday squeezed out the sentence with a hoarse voice.

After hearing what the brat said, Friday felt the grip on his neck tighten. He didn't want to be the last thing he sees before dying to be the martial art fighter's average face, so Friday closed his eyes. The darkness reminded him of that night he died.

Just as he was about ready for his second death, the man released his hold, allowing him to breathe again. Before he could open his eyes, Friday heard something breaking, producing a snapping sound. It wasn't long before he felt a smoldering pain from his right arm.

"!"

"Forfeit. If you think about continuing this match, I'll break every bone in your body." The martial artist spoke to him quietly before standing up.

Still, with his eyes closed, Friday heard the referee walked over to him, asking him if he was alright and if he could continue the match.

Do you think I look alright? And no. Forget it. Let me just pass out.