Chapter 26 - A Tiny Bit Overboard

With the bomb controller in his hands, Illumi's eyes darkened. "Are we going to kill anyone?" The thought of killing drew his assassin mode out.

Friday placed his small hand on Illumi's shoulder, "...No. Quite, the opposite. We're going to "save" people."

---

Illumi's turn was called, and like Rai, he effortlessly destroyed his opponent. Everyone's mouth was wide open in shock, seeing a 10-year-old dominate the ring. The people who were shouting insulting words at Illumi finally shut up. They didn't dare make a peep, and some even left the arena.

Rai and Illumi's match didn't take longer than a minute. Both contestants were directly send up to the 50th floor.

When it was Friday's turn, Friday gave a short glance at Illumi before walking down to the ring.

After finding the identity of his opponent, Friday was a bit disappointed. It wasn't a martial artist guy. He wanted to do the cliche, "I told you so."

"First, a kid? Now a toddler?" Friday's ears picked up some murmuring in the crowd. "No, wait. I think this toddler is related to that kid. They look alike. He might be strong too." After witnessing Illumi's fight, no one in the crowd attempted to underestimate the five-year-old.

The old referee didn't really care and dutifully did his job, explaining the rules before starting the match. Kids like Illumi show up sometimes in the arena. It wasn't unusual to see a talented young fighter when you've been working in the Heaven's Arena for a long time.

Looking at his opponent, a large man with a beard that could probably defeat him with a single hit, Friday nervously waited for the signal in his pocket.

"Now then, begin!" The referee raised his hand in the air.

The moment the referee starts the match, Friday finally felt a vibration in his pocket, signaling the bomb activation.

It's also a cue for him to activate his Nen ability.

Like Chrollo's Skill Hunter, Friday's Nen ability could only happen under strict conditions: If lives are endangered.

And the more lives are endangered, the longer he could activate his ability. After all, it's not supposed to be easy to have the ability to stop time.

Stop.

...

When Friday opened his eyes again, his opponent's fist was centimeters away from his face. He blinked a couple times before calmly moving to the side.

Friday looked around the arena where everyone was frozen in place. This was the second time he used this ability. Seeing the world at a standstill again, Friday felt relaxed.

He took the small bomb out of his pocket and another controller that was responsible for deactivating the bomb. Even though the bomb was tiny, Friday created it, based on the Poor Man's Rose. He did make some adjustments, like taking away the deadly poison and reducing the power to half of the original Poor Man's Rose. Nevertheless, this miniature bomb can blow up the whole Heaven's Arena and kill everyone here.

How long of an activation time do thousands of endangered lives give me?

Friday looked down at his wrist, where a watch wasn't there before.

[19 days and 23:57 hours]

I have about 20 days to beat my opponent up. Yeah, I know, perhaps, I've gone a tiny bit overboard...

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!