Chapter 38 - Ombre Twins Pt.2

Friday has three goals in mind. To escape, to exterminate, and to rehabilitate. All of these need to be done by midnight before the Connerie Gang relocates them, or it would be such a pain.

Easier said than done.

Friday scratched his head and called the System.

"Hello, Friday! Need help with anything?" The female voice sprang up inside his head with enthusiasm.

"Shouldn't you say, '911, what's your emergency?'" Friday joked.

"Ok. 911, what's your emergency?" The female voice played along.

"I've been kidnapped."

"Oh no." There was no hint of concern in her voice.

Friday shrugged. "How far are we from Kukuroo Mountain?" He doubted that they were teleported that far.

"153 yards, approximately 459 feet away."

A smile appeared on Friday's face. "Alright, there's still hope."

Friday scooted over to the spilled bowl of food. An abandoned building, with mold growing in the corners of the room, debris all over the floor, and cracks in the walls, Friday was sure those pesky things were in the area.

He originally planned to "learn" Nen once he reached the age of ten to avoid suspicion, but he has no choice to use it now. "System, release three Nen skills. 1) Open Aura Nodes, 2) Ten, 3) 2nd Hatsu."

"Warning. Due to skipping skills, 2nd Hatsu Skill is dramatically weakened. Activate the other skills to get the optimum result. Do you wish to continue?"

A "yes or no" button on a holographic screen appeared before him.

Friday didn't think too much about it and pressed the "yes" button.

Immediately right after, Friday felt all his Aura Nodes opening up. It was a refreshing feeling. As if his whole body was plunged into a magical hot spring. The Ten Skill quickly took effect as well, preventing the released aura from leaking away.

Activating the Ten Skill was very crucial. The System would probably warn Friday anyway if he didn't activate it. If he opened up all his Aura Nodes and let it leak for a long time, the consequences would be devastating: extreme exhaustion and rapid aging. There was also a possibility of death.

Illumi, who recently started his Nen training, felt the air around his brother change. His keen sense of hearing detected the sounds of tiny thumping feet and high pitch squeaking coming closer to their cage.

He felt his hair stand up when dozens of rats cautiously approached their cage. With their dirt-colored fur and trembling whiskers, they stared at his little brother with their beady black eyes.

Illumi watched on with astonishment as his little brother calmly fed the rats, not at all bothered with the unusual turn of events.

"Milluki...You-." He has so many questions he wanted to ask. Already been exposed to Nen, Illumi understood that his brother miraculously opened all his Aura Nodes... But how? And what's happening right now?

Well, Illumi has an idea in mind. When he was honing his basic Nen skills, his Nen teacher discussed the side effects of Nen. Aside from developing physical prowess, a person with great Nen mastery can attract wildlife.

Friday looked at Illumi and grinned at him. It's nothing like those innocent smiles that he has shown Illumi before. This smile contained maliciousness and the desire for destruction.

"...Milluki?" He called out his brother's name for a second time.

Friday decided to stop putting up a pretense in front of this child. "Illumi, let's fucking slaughter this group of bastards."