Chapter 41 - Ombre Twins Pt. 5

Fluttering his eyes open, Friday groggily sat up on a familiar bed. He realized right away that he was in his bedroom. Currently, there was no one accompanying him.

Friday felt like he had a very strange dream. The dream made him feel both sad and happy, but unfortunately, he had forgotten it already. He immediately noticed something off. Why didn't he go to Milluki's Dream Training Space?

Weird...

After deciding to just ask the women about that the next time he saw them, Friday rubbed his eyes, still feeling a bit exhausted. He noticed that he was hooked up to an IV drip. Experiencing a sense of deja vu, he hung his head on the side and chuckled to himself. He looked out of the window, analyzing what transpired.

He was not careful enough. He wrongly assumed that the Boss was immune to his own poison. Sighing, Friday pulled the IV drip out of hand and slightly winced at the sight of oozing blood. After wiping the blood with a towel he found on the bedside table, Friday lifted the bed covers to get out of bed. They changed the crib into a small bed that wasn't high, so it was easy to get down.

He wanted to seek someone to know how did he got home and what happened to those twins. However, the moment his feet touched the floor, Friday's legs gave out, making him fall over. Closing his eyes as he prepared for impact, he was confused when it never came.

When he opened his eyes again, he saw the floor only a couple centimeters away from his face. Then, he felt someone pulling him up by his collar that helped prevent the fall.

"You've been dead asleep for a week! What do you think you're doing getting up from bed in a hurry?" A young female voice echoed behind him, making Friday blink his eyes in surprise. He also heard a hum of agreement coming from another voice, a male.

"Brother, hurry and secure this idiot onto the bed. That butler would get angry at us," Val requested with irritation.

"Okay, sister." Lav yawned while carrying Friday back to bed. Unlike his more loyal character in the future, Lav currently has little respect for his new Young Master. Hence, he just dropped Friday's small body like a sack of potatoes onto the bed.

With a grunt, Friday was back lying on his bed. He didn't get angry and simply sat up again to have a proper look at the twins. With bright, curious eyes, he inquired what happened when he was out of commission.

"Young Master Milluki, let us properly introduce ourselves. I'm Val, your new Apprentice Butler." The girl bowed down. Her natural proud face cringed when she addressed him as "Young Master."

"Lav." The young boy with dark brown hair also bowed. His face showed a tired expression, not really caring about the formalities.

The twins then explained that after he passed out, they took him back to the Zoldyck Household.

The location surprised Friday, and he was even more surprised that the twins took the initiative to save him.

Val smiled at the child's shocked face. "Be thankful kid, we could've left you there in the street. Take it as payment for saving us. We don't owe you anything."

Gotcha.

Friday nodded and asked, "Not the hospital? I thought you guys cared about your lives? You guys are alive, so what happened next?" Not having eaten anything for a week, Friday felt hungry. Stroking his grumbling stomach, he planned to eat after the conversation.

"No money." Lav seemed to be answering Friday's question about not going to the hospital. The 12-year-old was staring out the window. His droopy blue eyes seemed to be on the verge of closing and falling asleep.