Chapter 58 - Lonely Romantic

Out of Friday's request, Ickshonpe ordered someone to pick up Pietro from the hotel. When Ickshonpe saw the boy, he noticed the boy's swollen eyes, making the Hacker Hunter shake his head.

Hearing that Friday left the boy to them, Ging found it understandable, yet strangely kind of an assassin. He expected that Pietro was just one of the toys the assassin picked up while causing a mess outside. He expected the Zoldyck Assassin to just kill off their toys once he got bored of them.

Standing by Ickshonpe's side, he sighed helplessly, "I guess this 'Friday' got bored of playing teacher and student."

"What do you mean by that?" Catching the name of his teacher, Pietro glared at Ging.

Ging chuckled, "I guess that boy left you in the dark till the very end. I don't know if that meant he cared for you or cared less." Ging shrugged, "You do have the right to know your teacher's identity. Friday is the Zoldyck Family's youngest child in disguise."

Ging received a "What?" from the two of them. One filled with annoyance and disbelief from Ickshonpe and one filled with utter confusion from the boy.

"Do you know where I can find him?" Pietro asked solemnly.

"You'd better forget about him," Ging smirked. "His identity is too dangerous. You're going to get yourself killed kid." He saw the boy gripping the piece in his hand tighter.

"...I don't care. How can I see him again?"

Ging thought about it after staring at Pietro's passionate eyes. "You can become a Blacklist Hunter."

—-

Already escaping to a blimp, Friday made himself comfortable with a new laptop he bought. He looked like a satisfied cat while wriggling his body into his seat. His green eyes were curved while he hacked into a certain multi-billionaire's computer.

Now that he got the Angel's Breath card, Friday could finally make negotiations with the sad old man.

In the story, Battera spent a lot of his fortune to buy as many copies of the game Greed Island as he could afford to save his dying fiancé. Analyzing the current timeline, the woman already met the accident about a year ago and was now in a coma. 

In the original, Battera didn't learn about Greed Island until one year after the game was released. Friday wanted to change that by informing the old billionaire so he could catch the pre-orders.

Friday smirked, typing out the details of the game, promising that the game could provide a cure for all illnesses. He wrote down the date of the start of the pre-orders.

Then at the end of the note, he added: "I'll give you an enticing offer Mr. Battera. A fair trade if you will. You don't have to beat the dangerous game to acquire the cure. You just have to trade in all 100 game copies to me and I can wake up your sleeping beauty. If you're interested, click this link. The link will expire in 5 years."

Using the "cure" as leverage, Friday wanted to manipulate Battera to pre-order all 100 units of Greed Island. He doesn't have to procure all 100 units at once, but he would eventually after becoming more desperate.

There's an idea that most people will miss or will hardly think about at all. If you have all the game copies of Greed Island, you have complete control over who enters the game. What's the difference between that and a highly secured island that even the Phantom Troupe couldn't infiltrate?

Now imagine if you put the Kurta clan in Greed Island before their destruction. The highly sought-after scarlet eyes will be protected from flesh collectors and the Phantom Troupe.