Chapter 60 - You're Also My Sister

In Milluki's room.

"There's a saying Illumi, you aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you're doing...Hiss... Be gentle." Friday groaned when Illumi added pressure on the slash wounds on his back.

"Be thankful that Father went easy on you. You only got whipped for three days instead of a week." Illumi sighed and continued applying medicine. "...Did you have fun outside?"

Friday sighed, remembering he was crawling out of the punishment room to the infirmary until Illumi found him. If it ended up being a week, Friday suspected he couldn't move at all for a couple of days.

It's just the Zoldycks being the Zoldycks.

He shrugged, "I guess you're right. And Papa asked the same thing." Sitting on his bed, he looked at his dangling feet, "It was alright. I just fooled around here and there."

Illumi tenderly spread the last bit of medicine the doctor gave him before shifting position where he could see his brother's face.

His brother was in a daze, mouth slightly in a pout. Fatigue could be seen in his dull eyes.

Sitting on the ground, Illumi easily wrapped his arm around his brother's waist and rested his head on his brother's lap.

"Why did you go?" Friday heard the youth mumble under his breath.

Why did he go? Wasn't it because he intended to save Pietro? Wasn't it because he was trying to obtain all the copies of Greed Island for his plan? To make progress on the save list mission?

Friday felt like those reasons didn't touch the real answer. He recalled something and smiled, "Why? Because I want my happy ending just like the dragon and the knight that lived happily ever after."

Illumi, "I don't see how fooling around will get you there, brother."

Friday wanted to laugh but his body started hurting. He repeated what he said earlier, "You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you're doing."

With his fingers, Friday combed through Illumi's hair which was starting to get longer. The youth stopped his embrace and craned his neck to look at him.

Friday saw the eyebags underneath Illumi's eyes. "You're tired too..." Feeling guilty, he extended his hand to caress the youth's face. "I'm glad to be home."

With the current height, one sitting on the floor, and one sitting on the bed, it made it convenient for Friday to wrap his small arms around Illumi's neck.

Illumi paused. He heard his brother softly apologize to him before feeling Milluki's head drop on his shoulder— asleep.

—-

Four years later.

Friday spent most of his time concentrating on the modules in Milluki's Dream Training Space to prepare him for his eventual encounter with the Kurta Clan.

After learning the Kurta Clan's language, Friday took some time to learn Feitan's mother tongue for the future. He then transitioned to learning machinery in the Technology module. So far, his progress is as shown:

[Nen Module 100% Complete]
[Language/World Training Module 67% Complete]
[Assassin Techniques 41% Complete]
[Technology 88% Complete ]

Refusing to become an assassin in this world, Friday invested in technology to help the Zoldycks in some form. He took the duty of creating the Zoldyck Personal Transmitter Device which was a secure way to communicate during missions compared to an easily hackable phone.

He also took charge of keeping his family's reputation online, deleting all information in public domains. For whatever information the Hunter Association has on his family, he didn't bother.