Chapter 17 - New Treatment

Friday regained consciousness the next day, still feeling nauseous and weak with an IV drip attached to his tiny arm.

Friday looked around, only finding the doctor, whose body relaxed when he realized that the baby was awake. The doctor gave him a gentle smile, letting out a quiet exasperated sigh the next second.

"I've been working here for many years, yet I'm still not used to this..." He mumbled to himself. As the Zoldyck doctor, he witnessed infants die or develop side effects from a poison - explaining why Silva has no siblings.

The doctor stayed with Friday for three days to make sure nothing was wrong with his body. After another check-up, the doctor confirmed that Friday developed no side effects or future symptoms. At the end of the week, Friday fully recovered.

---

Friday was delighted to see something else besides the ceiling when he opened his eyes. Perhaps to congratulate him for surviving, they placed a baby mobile on his crib. Brightly colored cute animals were hanging above him, reminding him again that he's a baby. That's not all. When Friday turned his head, he spotted a butterfly-shaped rattle.

With nothing else to do, Friday reached for the rattle and started to shake it. Hearing something else besides silence, Friday couldn't help but fall in love with the rattle.

Shake! Shake! Shake!

Friday grinned when he felt the servants staring at him with displeasure. It's early in the morning, surely they'll feel annoyed hearing the noise. And- faced with those stares, Friday was even more determined to annoy them!

Shake! Shake! Shake! Shake! Shake!

After five minutes of rattling, the servants couldn't take it anymore. They looked at each other and nodded.

A servant went over to the crib and reached down to take the rattle away from Friday.

He didn't fight the guy and let go of the rattle obediently. However, once the rattle left his hand, Friday began his little scheme and started bawling. Tears streaming down his flushed chubby cheeks, looking pitiful, making anyone who lays their eyes on him want to comfort him.

"Who dares make my grandson cry?" A stern voice echoed from behind the servant.

When the servant turned around to bow to him, Zeno caught sight of the rattle in his hands, causing his lips to curve into an amused smile.

Feeling bored every day, Friday always welcomes whoever visits his room. He always anticipates those rare visits that he developed the skill to sense if someone is coming closer to his room.

Ah, turns out to be Zeno.

When he saw the old man, he stopped crying and gave the old man an adorable giggle.

Zeno came forward and picked Friday up for the first time. Holding Friday on one arm, Zeno put his hand out towards the servant holding the rattle. "Give me that."

Rattle in his hand, Zeno moved it closer to Friday. However, when Friday tried to reach for it, Zeno moved it out of his reach, teasing him.

This old man. 💢

Zeno chuckled at his petty actions. "You'll cry because of this? Such a silly child."

No, I just want to see some interesting events to unfold.

Friday started to babble, making baby noises consisting of 'goos' and 'gahs.' Hearing those sounds coming out of his mouth, he finds it painful. He really couldn't wait when he could finally talk and walk.

There's only one thing he could do to retaliate against this old geezer. Not thinking of the consequences, Friday's tiny hand clutched on Zeno's Fu Manchu mustache and pulled it hard.

"Ow!" No matter how much tolerance he has against pain, hair being pulled will still hurt.

Don't underestimate a baby, you old man!

Friday didn't let go until Zeno gave him his rattle back, giggling when it returned to him.

"What a clever baby..." Zeno playfully pinched Friday's cheek. At the same time, he remembered his purpose in coming here. "Want to join me on a little adventure?"

Does that mean he's finally going somewhere besides staying in this room?

Of course! Hell yes!

Author's Note:

Author: What's the first thing you'll say when you could finally talk?

Friday: *Thinks hard*...It's a secret~

Author: Ok. How about you, Hisoka?

 How about you, Hisoka?

Thanks for reading!