Chapter 55 - To Yorknew!

When Friday's consciousness returned to his body, he was met with Pietro's muddled eyes. The boy was quiet before coming forward to awkwardly hug him. "Teacher, that was...scary."

Friday could feel the boy's heartbeat thumping, the body was shaking in his arms. He could feel that the boy was extremely worried about him.

"...It's ok." Seeing the computer cord close to his body, the boy probably did something that rescued him from Ickshonpe's grasp. He let the boy calm down first before letting Pietro explain what happened.

The moment he saw his teacher fall forward, Pietro's heart dropped, and he instinctively extended his arm to catch Friday's body. He thought the taller man would be heavy, but the man was easy to hold in his arms. However, Pietro quickly pushed these thoughts to the back of his head and focused on the man's condition.

"Teacher? Are you okay?" He shook the man, but there was no response.

After confirming that the man had a pulse, he noticed marks quickly appearing on Friday's body. It didn't take long for the student to realize they were the same codes that always appeared on his teacher's computer screen during coding sessions.

Pietro's mind was in utter chaos, contemplating whether he should run out for help. But his gut told him that outside help wouldn't be of much assistance.

Holding Friday's wrist, he felt something forming under his grip. He peered down with furrowed eyebrows at what appeared to be a shackle. The keyhole was unusually shaped, resembling a power plug.

"..." The boy's eyes switched back and forth between the computer and the shackle.

Hearing the boy's quick thinking, Friday squinted his eyes and patted Pietro's back. "....So you found the anti-virus on my computer and executed it? Well done."

Tying new information together, Friday could see that Ickshonpe's Hatsu has severe limitations and conditions. He now understood why the Panda took so long to take action. He could infer that:

1) Ickshonpe's ability may only apply to cyber criminals.
2) Ickshonpe must have the counter to the crime. In this case, he needed to have the anti-virus to make a move.
3) The immobilized body could be freed by anyone who knows the counter.
4) Double Jeopardy. Ickshonpe may only use his ability once for a criminal's crime.

Back to reality, Friday sensed that Pietro wasn't moving, clearly anticipating more explanation from him.

Why just happened? Why did code appear all over your body?

Either Friday could tell his student the truth or brush it off. Before Friday could make up his mind, he heard Pietro speak, "Is it something to do with the worldwide hacking that's been flooding the news? Teacher, I know you're the hacker."

In the beginning, it seemed like a coincidence that every time he played, an organization got hacked. However, there's no such thing as too many coincidences.

Friday sighed in relief from saving himself from too much explaining. "I'm glad I have such a clever student! That's right. It's nothing big, I just got caught and got punished by the Net Police. As for the details of how they did it, you'll learn later."

As of right now, Friday didn't plan of teaching Pietro Nen.

—-

Soon after, Friday decided to act immediately since Ickshonpe knew of their location. He ordered his student to pack the bags, while he dealt with transferring and destroying data in his computer.

Hearing the news of departure, his student nodded his head in understanding and did what he was told. His heart was relieved knowing that Friday was fleeing with him.