Chapter 54 - Can You Afford It?

Several weeks later.

Playing as an ally of justice, Friday kept Ickshonpe informed of the "hacker's" actions while proceeding to hack all critical institutions. Almost all prominent government systems and company databases were infected by the virus.

At first, the Panda was skeptical of this LePrince's help, but with the increasing spread, he naively shifted this focus away from Friday's alias.

At this moment, Friday was peaking at Pietro beside him. The kid's fingers ineptly glided across the keyboard, a contrast to the kid's clumsy beginning. He has to say that the kid's progress was incredibly fast, reminding Friday of a big sponge, quickly absorbing all the information. Though his admiration was halted when he heard a notification from his phone.

Panda: Hey LePrince, are there any moves at your side? We've been playing cat and mouse with this bastard for weeks. Just when we got a trail, they immediately disappear. And all we got so far is a string of letters.

Friday pondered for a moment before typing a reply with a goofy smile.

LePrince: Man, this hacker is such a weird guy. Panda, if you think about it...If they wanted to, they didn't have to put the virus in a dormant state and just have it activated from the get-go. It was as if they were playing with us. What a silly guy. :P

Panda: Silly? More like crackhead behavior! Don't kid with me LePrince, I've been losing precious time because of this motherf*cker! If this is all a joke to them, that bastard is an asshole! They deserve to choke on their keyboard!

There was a moment of stillness before Panda replied again.

Panda: So any new information? Also, how's the anti-virus going along? Tomorrow is their final attack. It will be harder to trace back to them after this one...

LePrince: You've noticed the index coming to the end, huh? But do not fear, for me, LePrince here! I'm almost done writing the anti-virus, I'll send you the file once I'm done for you to look over. How about you? How's the plan going on capturing this hacker?

Panda: Tsk, your brazen confidence. Reminds me of a fellow...I'm preparing my mind and soul for my part of the plan.

LePrince: Ah, I see. That's so vague.

Panda: ...ahh shut up.

Pietro witnessed Friday snort in laughter as the man put his phone down. Noticing his side glance, Friday coughed with a smile before spewing nonsensical wisdom, "Remember that life will always be fun if you know how to make yourself laugh."

Grasping the meaning, Pietro nodded slowly. "...But what if there's nothing to laugh about?"

Friday stood up and ruffled the kid's hair, "There's always something to laugh about. Prepare for tomorrow because it's the grand finale. Don't worry too much. Everything is set in stone."

—-

On the other side, Ging peered down at his downcasted friend with a carefree smile, "What's wrong?"

Ickshonpe opened the file that Friday just sent over. He scanned the program before sighing in annoyance.

He hates to acknowledge it, but the anti-virus program was more advanced than he thought. No unnecessary codes with minimal lines are needed. LePrince was even kind enough to write comments explaining what each section of the program does.

He knows when to cast off his pride and decided to studiously examine the code later. Besides, every individual in the computer science realm knows that virtual space is ever-changing, and one must consistently learn and adapt.