Chapter 51 - Snack

Friday never had that much interest in what the system could do until the kidnapping accident. After pondering about things, he was struck with the realization that the system would be his biggest cheat if it really is an "omniscient G*ogle." It would mean that his modules would lose their value if he could just ask the system, "How do you use Nen? What happened during the reign of Queen of Ing in the 18th Century (A test question from Beatrix's module)? How to do the most deadly assassin technique?"

The thought of not actually needing to go to Beatrix's and Yuna's class anymore filled him with a sense of bitter joy. However, after running some experiments, the results left him suspicious instead of disappointed.

In the end, the system was far from being an "omniscient G*ogle." Anything relating to the modules can't be answered. Any questions about history, language, Nen, assassination, gadgets, and coding, left the system dumbfounded.

Rubbing his fingers together, Friday hummed a soft tune with narrowed eyes. The results more or less strengthened one of his ongoing hypotheses. In the beginning, he thought that the system and the Dream Training Space were separate entities. However, seeing that the system is also in control of releasing his skills, Friday came to the conclusion that both are connected. Though, this also means that Milluki is connected to the system, which ends with the big question, "how?"

Knowing that pondering more about it won't give him any answers, Friday chuckled and turned his thoughts to the relevant facts.

The system is not omniscient, but at the same time, it is. It can't answer "when" - it can't predict the future - or answer "why" and "how" concerning subjects of the modules. However, it knows the answers to "who" and "where" concerning the present HunterXHunter world.

The system could easily answer Gon's essential question of "Where is Ging Freecss?" Most importantly in the present moment, the system can answer Friday's question, "Who is Ickshonpe Katocha?"

Using the system, Friday confirmed that Ickshonpe Katocha is one of the Game Masters of Greed Island. Though, when he asked what's Katocha's Nen ability, the system pretended to be dead again.

"Figure it out yourself," the childish girl's voice said teasingly before disappearing.

Friday felt that the system could've answered the question but didn't to make him suffer. Why? He doesn't know. Perhaps the system didn't feel like answering like a child with mood swings.

He could only shrug and shake his head when dealing with such a mysterious entity.

I guess in a way, the Wikipedia is much more reliable.

---

Occupied working on the virus, Friday didn't notice that a couple weeks had gone by.

Carrying a plate of Italian-style snacks, Pietro didn't bother to knock and pushed open the door. As usual, he saw Friday sitting in front of a computer with a smile on that handsome face. Too preoccupied, the man didn't hear him and continued to tap away on his keyboard with one hand. Pietro's gaze focused on the sling, wondering when will that arm finally heal.

After placing the plate on the table, he softly called out the man's name. He saw the man's finger twitch before slowing down his typing to a complete stop. Pietro remembered in the beginning, that the man would always yelp in surprise, but soon the man became accustomed to his presence.

"...Dinner?" Friday pushed back his hair and turned his swivel chair to face Pietro.

"No, lunch." Pietro peered outside the window, it was slightly cloudy, but clearly, it was still daytime.