Chapter 49 - Call

Inside Milluki's Dream Training Space, Beatrix manipulated a stack of books, settling it down in front of Friday, who was sitting leg-crossed.

"Instead of learning the Nakul language and using your knowledge to enlighten yourself about the ancient past, you rather learn how to gain worldly pleasures..." Beatrix shook her head while looking at the module completion percentage on her screen. [Language/World Training Module 32% complete]

"It can't be helped, teacher. I really need to make money. Lots of it...For my plans to work." Friday said while flipping the book open to continue his research of the world's economy.

"You've delayed your actual lessons for months now." If Friday had stuck with the lesson plan, Beatrix estimated that the completion percentage should be about 40% right now.

The man waved his hand and smiled, "It's fine~. It's fine~. Today is the last time I'll study business anyways. After months of studying it, I've come to terms with something." Friday smiled confidently at the little woman who was sipping her usual cup of tea.

Beatrix raised her eyebrow, "I supposed you've come to accept the cruel reality."

Friday nodded, closing the book and letting himself sink unto the chair, "I have no talent in business." He is a language master, able to quickly learn any language in the world. He is also a computer genius, able to hack any device and code anything that he can imagine. However, he simply can't get his head around how money works. Ones and zeroes on a computer made sense to him, but looking at numbers on an accounting sheet, Friday can only tilt his head ask, "Can you eat it?"

From the start, Friday knew that mastery in business was futile, but he was stubborn and tried to learn it. Beatrix also "reluctantly" taught him, but he couldn't fully grasp the subject. He could see the grass, but he couldn't dig to see the dirt underneath it.

"Teacher...What should I do?" Friday sighed in front of others, something he would rarely do. Before he could say, "just kidding," Friday instinctively shielded his face with his hands after sensing an incoming object.

It was a book. A thick book at that.

"Fool. As our student, you shouldn't doubt yourself." Friday heard the woman do a "hmp!" at the end of her sentence.

Who said about doubting yourself...?

Just as he was about to retort back, Beatrix expressed, "Knowing your own weaknesses is a strength. Knowing your own strengths is also a strength." The little woman took a sip of her tea, "Of course, that only applies to lowly humans like you. As for the astounding me, I have no weaknesses to speak of. I'm the all-powerful Beatrix!"

Friday took this as a cue to clap for this little woman, nodding his head like an obedient peasant. "Of course~. Of course." He was used to this kind of behavior and smiled genuinely, knowing the underlying message of Beatrix's words.

Friday, "Thanks. Oh, teacher Beatrix, I have a question."

Beatrix, "Ask away."

"As you said, 'knowing your own weaknesses is a strength.' So, since I'm also not very good at assassination, can I drop the module?" Friday gave Beatrix his puppy dog eyes, causing the cute woman to chuckle in derision.

"Foolish student, I'm not the right teacher to ask. Go ask teacher Yuna if you're prepared to die. As your benevolent teacher, I caution you not to forget to attend her class this week." Beatrix made an intentional pause, "You know the consequence."

"Worth the shot," Friday shrugged and opened another business book to skim over. Yuna noticed that Friday tended to avoid choosing her class and would rather choose the two other classes. Annoyed, Yuna made it a rule to attend her class at least once a week or else.