Chapter 20 - My Name is Friday

With his eyebrows furrowed, Friday seriously thought of his depressing backstory.

When Friday was four years old his whole entire clan, called, The Plurta Clan was murdered by bandits called The Tommy Troupe. He was lucky and managed to survive. He was adopted by a great assassin who was a hundred times better than the Zoldycks. With his newly developed badass skills and one glowing red eye, he promised to get revenge!

The end.

...

He opened his eyes and burst out laughing. "Hahaha!"

"Friday, focus!" Kaiga yelled at him. She thought he'll cry from sadness, not from laughter!

"Just give me a minute. Hahaha! " He wheezed.

Finally taking things seriously, he took another deep breath, his green eyes dimming.

If only my backstory is as simple...

He closed his eyes again.

---

[ Breaking News! Dead Governor Found This Morning Is Suspected Of Human Trafficking!]

The T.V showed a group of children, their faces were blurred, but the bloody scars and bruises all over their frail bodies were visible for the public to see. They were definitely starved, beaten, and sexually abused.

Sitting on a bed at a hotel, a child about twelve years old watched the T.V with his sullen green eyes.

He was also one of them - A victim.

He's very familiar with their screams, their cries, and their painful moans. Used to hear them almost every night for the past three years. Of course, they were familiar with his too.

As time passed during their captivity, some children stopped making noises. Those children are dead.

Starting to remember them, his body trembled. He bit his dry cracked lips and tightly closed his eyes. Opening them once again when he heard someone ask a question that he also wants to find the answer to.

"Master, why did you bring this boy back?" A redhead, that's the same age as him, asked. He could hear a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"He's going to be my new disciple. Your new companion, Thursday~" A handsome man in his thirties kneeled down before the boy with a medical kit to bandage and treat the wounds. When the man's long fingers touched his leg, he suddenly jolted and subconsciously tried to kick him.

The man didn't even try to dodge, so the boy's dirty feet hit him directly on the face, leaving a filthy mark.

"Don't f*cking touch me, sh*tty bastard." His green eyes narrowed at him but didn't try to move away from the man. He's not afraid that the man will hit him, yet his body still trembled.

"Master Wednesday, look at that attitude when you just saved him! Why do you need a disciple like that, when you already have me? Send him back to an orphanage already!" Thursday complained, spouting the last sentence out of jealousy.

"If you don't shut up, you're the one I'm sending back to the orphanage." Wednesday didn't glance at Thursday and carefully tried to touch the boy again.

"There, there~ Don't be scared, I'm just going to check your wounds." He flashed the boy a gentle smile, his dark green eyes showed no hidden agendas. The boy stared at his face for a moment, before nodding, letting the man examine him.

Thursday pouted and mumbled, "Sheesh... Bastard, why are you treating him like a little prince?" He's been Wednesday's disciple for two years, he's more than familiar with his master's personality. Master rarely ever treats someone so gently.

Hearing Thursday's comment, the boy's body stiffened.

Prince.

A face of a person who used to call him that name appeared in his mind.

"Don't f*cking die on me... Remember we said that we're gonna live in a castle one day? So, please hold on a little longer, ya little piece of sh*t..."

A blonde boy chuckled, coughing up blood in the process. "Still our sh*tty prince..."

The boy remembered yelling, holding tightly his friend's frail body that used to be firm before.

"Why...? Why didn't you say anything?!... Why did you hide it behind my back?!"

"A knight's job is to protect his prince." The blonde boy reached out to brush away his tears. "I did a great job of protecting you until the very end..."

If this was any other moment, the boy wouldn't hesitate to make fun of his friend's cheesy dialogue. However, it was not. The boy remembered holding the blonde's cold body in his arms all night before they came and took it away in the morning.

...

"Why are you suddenly crying? I promise I won't hurt you." The man looked up at him, puzzled.

He felt something wet landing on his hands when he looked up, he didn't expect to see the little boy crying. The boy's face was blank without any emotion, but his eyes were spilling tears on its own.

The boy realized what's happening and tried to stop his tears from falling. However, like a dam finally opening its gates, he couldn't stop the water from rushing. In the end, he just let his tears flow out.

"I'm not f*cking crying... These are not tears, it's my heart leaking precum."

"..."

Listening to the boy say those words seriously, Wednesday and Thursday couldn't help but burst into laughter.

Still laughing, Wednesday ruffled his messy black hair, "Listen up kid, forget all about your past, it's not necessary for the job we do."

Even to this day, the boy still remembers the man's following words.

"You are no longer the boy from your past. From now on, you'll be called Friday. The boy that's born right now in the present and continues to live in the future."

"?! Wait! Master, you said the same thing to me!" Thursday yelled, asking for an explanation.

Wednesday, the poor man who was caught cheating, scratched his head. "I did?" He paused and thought about it. "Oh right! Forgot to tell you it's tradition. My Master said the same thing to me when he took me in." He gave them a grin, proud at his quick thinking.

The two boys looked at each other and back at their grinning Master. "Right."

Lying bastard.

---

If you somehow convinced Friday to tell you his past, he doesn't even know where to begin. Perhaps he'll just tell you one sentence to sum it up, without actually revealing anything. "My past... It's like a bag of potato chips, a lot of air, and not enough chips." He'll say, puzzling you, before changing the subject.

---

Author's Note:

Author: So? What's your first opinion of Wednesday?

Friday: Gay. 

Author: Ok, how about Thursday?

Friday: Hella gay. 

---

I added some stuff during the Prince scene. Hopefully, it makes more sense, now? If not, good. It'll make sense later, anyway.