Chapter 40 - Ombre Twins Pt. 4

Friday and Illumi arrived at the scene of the battle in a short amount of time. Throughout the way, Friday kept getting notifications that lives were endangered. He was a little bothered that those twins might be already dead, making their journey a waste.

He only cared about those twins from the very beginning. He doesn't really care if the rest of the gang died. In Friday's eyes, those disgusting fellas that human traffic deserved to burn in hell. On that thought, the twins also participated in human trafficking, yet he wants to save them. Doesn't that make him a hypocrite?

If Friday heard someone call him a hypocrite, he would probably agree wholeheartedly with a smile on his face. Well, describing that Friday "cared" is an overstatement anyway. If Silva had already killed those two kids, Friday wouldn't feel anything besides a tinge of regret before moving on with his life.

Back to the scene before them: Silva was up against the Boss in a one-sided battle. The white-haired man seemed to be taking his time slaughtering this unfortunate soul, like a cat playing with his food. He obviously didn't want to give his prey a mercifully quick death.

As Silva threw his small purple aura spheres towards his opponent, the Boss clumsily dodged it, already exhausted. If hit by those small aura spheres, it would hurt like thousands of needles puncturing your guts, but it would not be enough to kill you. So far, the Boss has been hit two times. He already felt like dying, but the boiling anger in his heart kept him going.

Looking around, Friday noticed that Silva also brought some butlers to help aid the rescue. Like master and servant, those butlers easily defeated the Nenless gang members.

However, not all gang members were totally helpless.

Friday finally spotted the twins, still living and kicking, fighting Rai head-on. Their combat skills were a bit shabby, but their speed in teleporting and enhanced strength made up for it. Holding the other's hand, they would continuously teleport to one of Rai's blindspots, attempting an attack before teleporting again.

With that, the twins successfully placed Rai in the defending role. However, they don't look like they'll hold up any longer since exhaustion is catching up to them real fast after each time they use their abilities. On the other hand, Rai didn't seem to have too much trouble blocking the attacks with his Nen ability that enhances his speed. However, every time he wanted to attack, Rai would suddenly hesitate before being pushed back to the defending role again.

While Friday was busy observing the fight in his arms, Illumi brought them to a place where it was safer to watch. "...Brother, how are you going to save them?" Asking such a question gives a weird taste in his mouth as an assassin.

Friday looked up at Illumi to answer, "I'm waiting for the right time." No matter how confident and relaxed he looked from Illumi's point of view, Friday was secretly feeling anxious. Since the prerequisite for his Hatsu was endangered lives, he couldn't practice it in the dream training space, unlike his other Hatsu that only changed his appearance. The thought of finally stopping time made him feel both anxious and excited.

The situation on the battlefield turned for the worst. While unconsciously fiddling with Illumi's hand, Friday watched as the twins stopped fighting Rai, realizing their attempt to defeat the butler was futile.

Val and Lav looked at each other and nodded. They decided to leave the place for the sake of their lives. Knowing that their Boss would rather die with his gang than flee with them like a coward, Val and Lav didn't plan to save him. Their one-year experience in the gang might have developed some sentiments, but it wasn't enough to abandon their life for it. They might have no place to return to, but at least they would still have each other.