Chapter 24 - Let's Skip Waiting in Line

As Friday expected, for a place in which 4,000 fighters to compete daily, there's a long line waiting for them once they got to Heavens Arena.

Friday didn't mind waiting, but to remain in character, he acted like a spoiled brat in front of Rai, who was accompanying him. The two other servants ordered to protect Friday and Illumi were gone after Rai commanded them to book a hotel and get some food.

"I want to go inside now! Why do I have to wait? I want to go and fight already!" Friday pulled the Rai's arm towards the tower, his actions attracting the other people waiting in line.

An average looking man that looked like a martial arts fighter scoffed, "Fight? You, are you these children's father?" The man looked at Rai after his eyes landed on Friday and Illumi. The servants were ordered to wear casual clothes to not attract attention, so from afar, the handsome Rai and the attractive Zoldyck children look related.

The man didn't wait for the answer. "This is not a playground for children or someone weak like you. You people don't seem like you need money, why are you here? If you're bringing your children here to fight as a joke, you're a disgusting parent. Go home, or you guys will get yourselves killed." The people that heard the man's words nodded and began telling them to leave.

Understandable.

Since they got in line, Friday noticed people's judging stares directed at them. Duh. Who lets a kid fight in a dangerous fighting arena?

The Zoldycks and Uhh...Wing- but that's beside the point.

Looking at Rai's troubled expression and the people yelling at him, Friday had the urge to make the scene more interesting.

With a mischievous smile on his face, Friday hugged Rai's long legs and sent a look at Illumi, who was unbothered by the whole thing. Illumi raised his eyebrow, but he has an idea of what his brother was planning.

Friday began his act. "Papa isn't weak!" He shouted so loudly that it silenced everyone. "My brother is not weak either, and so am I! My Papa alone can defeat all of you! Right, Papa?" Grinning, Friday looked at Rai, who was so confused.

Papa?

Knowing that Friday will be annoyed if he doesn't join, Illumi hugged Rai's other leg, "Yes. Papa can destroy all of you. You are all fools to think that he's weak." Illumi pointed at the guy who started it, "Papa can defeat you with just a finger. I can defeat you with one hand. My brother..." Illumi looked at Friday with a complicated expression. "... He can defeat you without spending a second."

Friday almost laughed but held it in. "If any of you meet one of us out there, you guys better not cry and pee your pants like a baby. If that happens, your parents are very pathetic for sending your weak as- butts to this fighting arena."

Hearing insulting words from a ten and five-year-old, the fighters felt their pride get stabbed by a knife. The martial arts fighter almost couldn't help hurling himself on Friday and strangle him.

The martial arts fighter took a deep breath and forcefully smiled at the trio. "Everyone? Did you guys hear that? If they're so great, why don't we show them respect and let them sign up quickly?"

Quickly, let them pass through! The quicker they sign up, the faster they'll get beaten to death and learn their lesson!

The fighters upfront also heard of the commotion and felt their blood boil. They understood the underlying message of the martial arts fighter and urged the trio to the front of the line.

Who cares if it's just a weak man and his children? With that kind of false pride, they need to be put into place.

With a smile on his face, Friday dragged the still confused Rai to the front of the line, with Illumi walking beside him.

When they got to the counter, Friday grinned at Rai again, "Come on, Papa. Sign all three of us up."

Wait a minute! What just happened?

With a pen in his hand and the three sign up forms in front of him, Rai finally came to reality. He looked at Friday and Illumi at a distance and back at the people impatiently waiting for him to sign up. He was not supposed to fight! He was just here to supervise!

Hearing people in the back began yelling at him, Rai remembered being called weak, igniting a fighting spirit inside of him. As a Zoldyck butler, he was not allowed to be called weak! For Silva's honor, he must fight! Rai passionately started filling out the forms.

---

Friday and Illumi looked at each other. Friday has a smile on his face, while Illumi stared at Friday with a frown.

"Mil, you suck at fighting. That martial arts guy can beat you up easily. " Illumi didn't sugar coat his words. "And, don't forget what Dad said to us before we left."

Friday shook his head. "Illumi, focus on the bright side: We didn't have to wait in line." Friday lowered his voice, "Plus, you know what I can do, right?"

"I know." Illumi sighed.

"Yeah, so we'll be fine." Friday gave his brother a thumbs up. "By the way, great job acting!"

"Learned it from you."

Author's Note:

Friday: I'm such a great influence! To everyone. To everything.

Author: Illumi, your opinion?

Illumi: He's a bad influence. Children shouldn't be near him.

Author: *cough* *cough* Anyways, you ok Rai?

Rai: I was called, "Papa." How should I explain this to Master Silva?

---

Uh... I-... What? Sorry, what? I'm so confused about what I write sometimes. But hopefully, it makes sense by the end of this Heavens Arena Arc. I'm going to spend 3-5 chapters writing this before Friday goes and does stuff. In this arc, Friday's Nen ability will also be revealed. Guess it.

Thanks for reading and all of the support~!