Chapter 22 - Family's Trash

Four years later.

In the isolation room, painful moans of a five-year-old echoed loudly. Another surge of electricity rushed out of the machine, electrifying the boy again. Friday grunted from the pain, then slowly raised his head to look at the old geezer in front of him.

"Can I get out now?" Friday shook the chains attached on his wrist in annoyance.

Sorry to disappoint, but BDSM is not my kink~.

"You have three more hours of punishment." Maha smiled.

"Who are you kidding? Nobody gives a sh*t about that. Now get me out of here." Friday snickered.

"That's not how you should talk to your great-great-grandpa." Maha pretended to be offended by Friday's rude behavior.

The boy sighed and reluctantly said, 'please.'

---

Out of the isolation room, Friday and Maha made their usual stop at the clinic to get Friday's wounds treated.

"Young Master Milluki, you always get yourself into trouble! I've heard you ran away from your assassin training again!" Doctor Ezume scolded the boy as he applied some cream on the burnt wounds. Friday noticed that the doctor's hair had grown whiter than that time when he conducted checkups when he was a baby.

Distracted by these thoughts, Friday ignored Doctor Ezume's nagging, responding with just a nonchalant shrug. This earned him another scolding from the doctor.

"Ezume, don't bother with the boy. No matter what you say to him, he won't learn." Maha shook his head.

Due to the frequent visits to the clinic, these two old geezers became familiar with each other. They get along enough that Doctor Ezume has the guts to scold Maha - a man that even Isaac Netero couldn't defeat. "Master Maha, you're the reason he's not learning his lesson! You kept letting him out of the Isolation room. Even Master Silva and Master Zeno are too indulgent of him. How is he going to grow up to be a great assassin if he skips training? Hopefully, this rebellious phase will end soon. " The old doctor mumbled the last part softly, but they still heard it.

Friday exchanged gazes with Maha.

It's not a phase.

Before they left, Friday thanked the doctor. The doctor patted his head, telling him again not to get in trouble. Friday nodded and smiled softly, knowing that the doctor just doesn't want to see him get punished and get hurt all the time.

---

"They all think it's just a phase...For now." Friday looked down at his hand that had grown a little larger these past years.

After the first mission, his assassin training immediately began. It wasn't that all different to what Wednesday did to him when he was first starting out: To kill someone, you have to kill something inside of you first.

Friday remembered Wednesday smiling at him, giving him a stray kitten in a box and a knife. "You know what to do. Kill it."

The filthy kitten inside the box looked up at him, meowing cutely, ignorant about its coming fate. Holding the knife, Friday hesitated for a second, before bringing the knife down, ending the life of the innocent creature.

With blood splattered on his hands, scenes of that day came back to him. The only difference was it was something that deserved to die. With burning rage, he remembered hacking the governor's already dead body with a sharp weapon again and again.

With the dead kitten in front of him, Friday felt sick, his hand trembling. He was about to throw up when a warm feeling engulfed him.

"It's alright now," Wednesday whispered softly.

Friday realized that Wednesday was hugging him, making him break down in tears.

The beginning lessons of assassinations is basically training the brain to be desensitized to killing and death. Killing will become just another habit when that person finally began to see it as something regular.

These past few years, the Zoldycks made him watch a "kid-friendly" show as training. Watching a child cut off the head of a teddy bear was totally kid-friendly. Sometimes, they take him out to another mission again to observe them kill their targets.

Out of the Zoldycks, Silva's killing technique was Friday's favorite. Ripping someone's heart out without a trace of blood. Isn't that the most efficient technique or what?

Though, Friday was well aware that he can't become an assassin. Maha directly pointed this out in their first conversation. After years of training in his previous life, Friday might be alright with killing, but he couldn't erase his reaction to blood. Even the color red makes him tremble.

With nen existing in this world, the killing techniques he used in his previous life were ineffective.

After months of thinking of how to not become an assassin in a family full of assassins, Friday finally thought of a plan.

He will become the problem child of the family!

He will skip training! He will cry and sleep during missions! He will become a useless person! He will become the family's trash!

Yes! That's it!

The worst thing that could happen is that he'll get disowned.

The only person in the family that knew of this plan was, of course - the alien.

Author's Note:

Friday: I'm definitely become the Family's Trash!

Cale from Trash of the Count's Family: Hold my beer.

---

Thanks for reading the story!