Chapter 29

Daniel's POV

Daniel

I heard someone say. I listened...I thought it might have been Pat, I wouldn't have minded it. Having her talk to me.

Mr. Franklin, wake up

"I am awake, who are you?" I asked Suddenly things just went darker in my room. I was wondering what was going on.

Mr. Franklin, sir, wake up please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to me, kneeling next to a hospital bed...I looked around...and then I saw her. She was lying still in that bed, but not as a dead body, she had and oxygen mask on, and her eyes were closed. I looked over at her heart monitor. It beeped steadily along. I pinched myself, and found that this wasn't a dream...I was still in the hospital with Pat, who was  still alive.

"Mr. Franklin?" I turned to see the doctor.

"Are you alright sir?"

"Yes...I'm fine," I say. I stand, but never let go of her hand. That dream....it felt so real, I thought.

"Sir you haven't eaten in three days, please, we'll take care of her, you should go home and get some rest," he said. I shook my head.

"No...I don't want to leave her...not until she wakes up," I looked over at her, and smiled. She was here with me. She won't leave me.

"She should be out of her coma soon,"

"Wait, coma?"

"Yes. We had to enduce a coma, for her sake...and your unborn child,"

"She's pregnant?"

"Yes...6 weeks to be exact. It was best for her and the child, She should be waking up very soon," he said.

"That's great. Is there something else wrong?"

"Yes, sadly...the mushrooms seemed to have had an effect on her appendix. It could possibly burst, if we don't get her into surgery as sson as possible, she'll die," I looked at him with worry. I wanted so badly for her to wake up. I needed her to wake up so I could tell her. I sat in the chair next to her, and  held her hand. She then started to stir a little. Her eye fluttered open as she then looked over at me, giving a weak smile.

"Hi Daniel,"

"Hey Baby...how do you feel?"

"Better, I don't feel like throwing up anymore," she said faintly. I kissed her lips, as she kissed back. I smiled at her.

"Baby, have you been crying?"

"Yeah...I was just so worried about you, so much, I don't think I could have handled hearing that you were gone,"    She smiled at me, then she had a pained look on her face as she tried to sit up.

"Ow," I helped her back down, flufflign up her pillow.

"M-my stomach," she said, gripping to her sides. she gripped tightly to my hand.

"Shh. It'll be alright baby girl," I say.

"Daniel...what's worng with me?" she asked still in pain.

"Pat, you were poisoned. Remember 3 days ago, you said those mushrooms were odd tasting," she nodded.

"They were poisonous. Those could have killed you," I say. she looked at me with worry, as the pain stopped.

"I was? But, w-who would do this?"

"I don't know baby...but the police are working on it," I kissed her  forehead, and she gave a small smile. There was a knock on the door, and Dr. Malcom coame back in.