Chapter 30

• Dedicated to All of my great, crazy, and loveable Readers!!

Troy's POV

We stayed there with Daniel at until around 6 o'clock. I wanted to find out who did this to Patricia.

"Honey? You stay here, I'm going to do some investigating. I have to find out who did this,"

"Alright. Be careful ok?" She kissed me, and I then kissed my sleeping son's head, and left out to my car. I wasn't on duty, but I wanted to get some help from a few Detectives that work there at the precict with me. I got there, and entered. I then got on the elevator for the 5th floor, and found my two pals. Det. James Gregory, and Det. Shane Fillips.

"Hey, Jackson! What are you doing here? I thought your shift ended a few hours ago," said Fillips, shaking my hand.

"It did, but I need you guys to help me out with a personal case,"

"Sure thing. What's up?" Asked James.

"My wife's best friend was poisoned, and she nearly died. I need to find out who did it," I say

"Wow. We're in. Where too?" Asked Fillips as he grabbed his jacket.

"Let's head to the restraunt. I think we may find out something there," I said. With that we all got into James' Crown victoria, and we head there. It was running, as normally. Like nothing had happened to anyone there. I shook my head. I had already ruled them out because I had mushrooms the same night. I didn't get sick, so they're off the suspect list. We entered, and showed our badges, and the waitress. She  pulled out a phone, calling for the owner. We waited a while, until a slender man, with grey, slicked back hair, with rectangular shaped glasses.

"I am Mathew Arcane detectives.  How may I help you?"

"Troy, you do the honors?" said James.

"About 3 days ago, I, my wife, and a few friends came here to this place when it first opened. My wife's best friend had gotten sick due to a very deadly kind of mushroom. We were wondering if we could have a talk with you," I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy, and he motioned us to follow him. He lead us through the kitchen, through a pair of doors, and up a few flights of stairs, reaching a steel door.

"This is our security room. We have cameras everywhere around the building. They're just hidden away so we don't frighten our guest," he said, allowing us through the door first. There were at least 24 screens next to eachother, all showing different tapes of the area in, and around the building . There were two men sitting in front of the screens, watching them every second.

"We have cameras also in the kitchen," he said, pointing to a screen at the far left corner.

"Do you keep tapes of the days,"

"Yes...only up to a weeks worth, so you are in luck," he opened a drour, and looked tthrough orgnized files.

"Three days....Ah! Here it is," he pulled out a tape, and we followed him to his private office, just around the corner. He placed it in his cassete player, and the tape turned on. The screen turned on to the inside of the kitchen.

"For video tapes, they sure do have clear pictures,"

"They are specially made for clear picture, in case anything like this happens," He said.

"What time did you and your friends arrive?"

"At around 7pm," I say. He fast forwards the tape to the time, and played it at normal speed.

"There's our waiter,"

"That's Mitchell," he said, looking on. It was a very busy at the time, so waiters kept going in and out. Until I saw it was clear...not much movement. Then a woman with black sunglasses, and seducing...our waiter.