Chapter 36

Daniel's POV

The next couple of days were hard on Pat and I. She's been so depressed and upset. She barely eats. She misses Arianna so much. I do as well, but I have to stay strong for them both. Pat was able to come home the day before, but she's been doing nothing but sleeping in bed. I went up there with a tray of soup. The doctor said she had to eat something that would be light on her stomach until she was fully recovered. I went in, and she was in the same position as before. I sat at the edge of the bed, and placed the tray on the nightstand.

"Pat honey?" she looked over at me with new tears in her eyes. Her cheeks still stained by the old ones.

"You have to eat something," I say quietly. I reach for her hand, and she takes it gently. She held it close and she wept. I hugged her into my chest, and rubbed her back, holding the back of her head. I rocked with her as she continued to sob into my shirt.

"It'll be alright baby. We'll find her," I say kissing the top of her head. She looked up at me with glazed eyes that peered deeply into my soul. She had the look of a puppy without a mother .

"I just want my angel back," she sobbed intensely as she gripped to my arms.

"I know. I want her back to. But only God can take care of this...we have to be patient,"

"But what if he takes her away? Like he did Noah?" I picked up her chin with my index finger and she looked at me with deep longing.

"He won't...I know he won't," she lied on my chest for a while, then I heard her stomach growl.

"I think the baby's hungry," she said quietly. I handed her the tray, and she ate. I was glad.

"Thank you for being here Daniel,"

"That's what husbands are for," I kissed her lips, and we both lied back on the bed. The phone started to ring, and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this the Franklin residence?"

"Yes. Can I help you?"

"This is Detective John Morris of ATPD and I need you to come down to the station,"

"What for?"

"It's an important matter. Too important to discuss over the phone,"

"Alright. Bye," I hung up.

"Who was it?"

"It was a detective from the police department. They want us to head over there,"

"Is it about Ari?"

"I don't know. He didn't say," she got up carefully, and went to the bathroom. I heard water running and I smiled. She finally got up. She got out with a towel wrapped around her body, and she looked through her closet, and found a white blouse and white jeans. he then got on her flats, and we both rushed to our car, and down to the police station. She didn't bother waiting for me to open the door, she rushed out and we waited in the lobby, until a man in a suit walked up to us, along with a tough looking guy, with long dirty blonde hair, denim jacket, and jeans, with a bandana around his forehead, with a tattoo of a heart and cross bones on his right arm.

"Hello. I am detective Morris, I spoke to you over the phone,"

"Is this bastard apart of that gang that has my baby?" Patricia asked tensely.

"No ma'am, I am an undercover agent," he reached out his hand, and Pat was taken back.

"I...I am so sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude. I've been under a lot of stress lately," she says, shaking his hand with a forgiving smile.