Chapter 31

Daniel's POV

I woke up the next morning to a crying Arianna. Patricia was up out of her bed, and went to pick her up.

"I got her babe," I stand, and hug her.

"No, it's alright," she said faintly and out of breath. I helped her back to her bed, and sat her down.

"Pat, you need to rest. You just got out of surgery yesterday. Take it easy,"

"But you know I hate hearing her cry," she said. I went and Picked Ari up, and placed her in her lap. She supported her with her arms, and kissed the top of her head.

"It's ok babygirl. Mommy's here. Daniel I think she needs to be changed," She said. I picked up Arianna, and sure enough she needed to. Badly.

"I'll just use your restroom, do you need to go?" I asked her. She shook her head, and I went into the bathroom shutting the door. Afterwards, I picked her up and she giggle with joy.

"Now you are one happy little girl aren't you?" she smiled. I came out. and found Pat on the wooden floor.

"Honey," I placed Angel in her car seat, and knelt next to her.

"What happened?"

"I-I tried to walk," she said looking up at me with a few tears in her eyes. I sighed, and picked her up, and placed her back in her bed.

"Patricia you have to rest...you're not strong enough to work yourself yet," I say sternly.

"I'm sorry...I'm just tired of being so helpless...I don't want to be a burden," she said. I kissed her head, and covered her in her sheets, and sat down next to her.

"You are not a burden to me alright? I told you I would take care of you and be with you through sickness and in health till death do us part. I made that vow, and I am going to keep it no matter what," I say.  She grabbed my hand, and smiled at me. She was a lot stronger than the last couple of days, but her trying to work herself the day after her surgery is too much.

"Please rest. I don't want you tearing your stitches or relaps ok? I want you back home, safe and sound," I kissed her lips, and played with her hair.

"I love you. So much Daniel, you don't even know,"

"I love you so much more," Arianna had smiled and giggled. I picked her up, and placed her on the bed.

"Mommy loves you my little Angel," She says.

"Love!" she smiled. Patricia and I laughed.

 There was a knock on the door, and two men in suits entered the room. One had mid-length brown hair, with brown eyes, with a grey suit on. The other had grey, short hair with glasses, and a black suit.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" Pat's grip tightened in my hand as she lloked at the two. Both had muscular, and intimidating build AZthat seemed a little frightening to her.

"I am Det. Gregory and this is Det. Fillips. We're here to ask you a few questions about the incident that happened to your wife," she sighed with relief, and loosened her grip on my hand.

"Well, what do you need?" I asked.

"Do you recognize this woman?" He showed me a colored photo.

"ELLA?!" Patricia and I said together. Anger boiled through my vains as I frowned. She tried to kill the mother of my child, and thought she was going to get away with it!!

"You recognize her?"

"Yes. She's my Ex-wife...she tried to get back with me while Pat and I were on our honeymoon,"