Chapter 16

Diane's POV

I struggled getting my phone out of my purse, trying to call Pat.

"She's not answering," I say as we jumped into the car.

"Try Daniel," Sheila suggested. I dialed his number, and he picked up the line after the first ring.

"Hey Diane, what's up?" He asked.

"Daniel are you at home with Patricia?" I asked frantically.

"Sadly, no, I was called in on my day off....single people just don't understand,"

"Daniel you need to be there...NOW!!" I yell

"Is something wrong?" He asked with a shiver in his voice.

"I just got a text from him saying he's going after some one special....Patricia's the most vulnerable right now...we're heading down there ourselves,"

"I'll be right behind you," he said and hung up. I pushed down hard on the gas, and speed onto the freeway.....please don't let her be hurt.

Patricia's POV

After the show I had to use the bathroom...again!

"Really? Good grief," I got up, and went, and came back. I started to feel hungry. I went into the kitchen, and the back door was open.

"Weird, I never....." A clash behind me made me jump. I looked around, no one was there.

"Hello?" I asked. I got no response. My heart started to pound. I grabbed a kitchen knife and held it tightly in my hands. I walked closer into the living room. Something hard pressed up against my back.

"Drop the knife," I froze stiff, I couldn't move.

"I said drop it, or else," I instantly dropped it to the floor.

"Good girl....now, go over to the couch,"

"Please let me go," I begged. He pushed the barrel of the gun hard on my back.

"Do it, or I'll kill that baby of yours,"

"Please.....no!" I cried I walked over as he pushed me down. My tears stung my eyes. He was a tall, thin man with pale skin and glasses, about in his early fifties.

"Now, don't scream, and don't you move is that understood?" I looked at him with fright, when he pointed the gun at my head.

"Is it!?" He shouted. I nodded and burst into tears, trying to make myself quiet to not get killed. I was scared for our lives. I had to protect my baby...at all cost.

Daniel's POV

After that call, I quickly left, but the boss stopped me from reaching the elevator.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asked

"My wife is in trouble, I have to get to her," I say trying to push past him.

"And what kind of troble would that be?"

"I don't have time for this!! Some lunatic is at my house probably hurting her...and you want me to stay!? Fire me if you want, but I have to check on her and now!!" I stormed in the open door, and pressed the lobby button. Once there, I raced to my car, and sped out of the parking lot. I got out my phone and dialed the number.....pick up Pat please.

Patricia's POV

The phone began to ring as I gasped. I wanted scream to whoever it was to help me.....My breathing got short, I had to calm myself down.

"Answer it," he said. I looked at him, then the phone and grabbed it.

"Who is it?"

"My....fiance," I say shaking.