Chapter 19

Diane's POV

All of us were freaking out, trying to get her through the crowd, but it was too thick, And I was scared someone would hit her in the stomach.

"Can you all move please!! I tried to scream over the loud music.

"Diane, it's no use, they can't hear any of us!" Sheila shouted. Pat groaned as another contraction came on, and she shut her eyes tightly.

"Breathe Pat," I say as she squeezed my hand tight.

"Wait, where's Angela?" I asked. We both looked around the room searching for her, when a high beep was heard.

"Excuse me! Hey, listen, there is a pregnant woman who is going into labour right there in the middle of the room, so if y'all could move, that would be a big help," Angela said. Soon, everyone made a path towards the door, with them all congratulating her as we got to the car, we helped her into the back seat.

"Nice work Angie,"

"Thank you," We all pile in, with Sheila in back to help Pat. I quickly turned the car on, and sped down the road.

"Somebody call Daniel..." Pat groaned. Angela got out her phone and dialed his number quickly.

"Take it easy Pat, we're almost there," I say making a right turn.

"Hurry!!" She screamed. I went a little faster until finally reaching the emergency entrance. We helped her out of the car, and into a wheel chair at the front of the building.

"What seems to be the problem?" A nurse asked, rushing to Pat's side.

"I'm starting to have contractions...my water broke about 10 minutes ago," Pat breathed deeply, as she tried to stay calm.

"Alright, we'll get her to her room," she said as she wheeled her to the elevator.

"Daniel's on his way Pat," Sheila told her. Soon we reached the third floor, and we were in 302. Pat was laying upright on a comfortable bed in a hospital robe, breathing in and out.

"Feeling a little better?" I asked.

"Somewhat, but it hurts," She says snuggling into the covers. I was so excited to be there with her,  I never thought she would ever have another baby, not in a million years.

"I can't believe you're actually going to have a baby," said Angela.

"Yeah, I remember asking you back at the Bahamas, and you said it wasn't going to happen," Said Sheila.

"I guess I finally learned to let go, that I wasn't replacing Noah, I feel happy I gave it another chance," she smiled. There was a slight knock on the door, and there appeared Daniel, smiling a white tooth smile. He went over and kissed her rubbing her hand.

"I can't wait,"

"Me either, this pain is killing me, she needs to hurry up and come out of me already,"she fussed. We all laughed and sat around chatting for a while.

"Ohh," Pat groaned. She turned on her side,  and clutched tightly to her pillow, breathing hard. Daniel started to rub her back, giving her a massage in the process. She finally relaxed, and lied on her back.

"This is going to be a long night," Daniel says kissing her cheek.

Patricia's POV

It's been 5 hours since I first checked in, and the pains are getting worse. Every time, it's either my back, or my legs. She surely is taking her sweet time.

"You're 5 centimeters, you're doing very well," Said Dr. Cherise.

"It feels like hell though," I groaned .