Chapter 6

Angela's POV

I still wasn't talking to Marcus, though I heard every word he said, I just didn't know what to say to him.

"Has anyone seen Patricia?" Daniel asked, looking worried as hell. I swear the two of them.

"She was looking at the cattle, they were looking a little jumpy," Diane answered. We nodded, and waited, until it was almost time for us to go.

"Where the hell is she?" I asked. Now I started to worry, it wasn't like her to just not come back like this.

"Maybe a calf got lost and she went looking for it," Sheila said. I only shook my head.

"No, somethings wrong, I can feel it," I looked around and call her name, and Daniel followed along. We all looked for her, all except that crabby ass old man, I swear he gets on my nerves. Actually, he's been acting weird lately, right after Patricia left. He seemed happy...too happy.

"What the hell are you smiling about?" I asked, hands on my hips. He chuckle, and I turned red.

"No concern of yours," He smiled. I rolled my eyes, and continued shouting her name, where the hell can she be? Suddenly a loud shriek echoed, and I looked to see the big black horse, up on his hind legs, as Daniel tried to calm him down.

"Easy boy, easy," He said, grabbing the reins, and stroking his sweaty face.

"Oh God, where's Patricia?" Diane asked. Everyone gathered as the horse continued to scream out.

"Maybe he's trying to tell us something," Marcus said.

"Well no duh, dumbass! He's telling us that Patricia is hurt somewhere and needs our help!" I shout. Daniel, without a pause, Daniel jumped on the horse.

"Show me where she is Sovereign!" The horse galloped quickly along.

"I'm not just going to sit here, I'm going with him!" I run towards my horse and jump on, my legs were not cut out for all this Roy Rogers, Lone Ranger crap!

"I'm going to, if she's hurt, I can help," Terry said grabbing a back pack.

"Good thing I brought my medical bag," He said. We raced off after Daniel, not without Diane and Sheila at my side. Cory decided to come along in case, while rest of the boys stayed with the herd in case they bolted again. They wanted to come, but that was directly from Georgia, so I understood. I hope Patricia's ok, If not, I'm whooping some body's ass!

Patricia's POV

I slowly woke up, and looked around.

"Where am I?" I looked to see the edge of the ditch, and remembered everything. I had to get out of there, who knows what poisonous thing was down there. I slowly got  to my feet, and looked at the rocky edge.

"Maybe I can climb back up," I thought. I stepped up on a rock,and pulled up, trying to find my footing to not fall. Halfway there, my head throbbed, and I lost my focus. I mis-stepped, and banged my head hard against the wall, and fell back on my back. I became dizzy yet again, and passed out.

Daniel's POV

"Come on boy!" I said as the horse sprinted across the grassy platue on our way to find my baby girl. What on earth happened to her? That question kept running through my head, along with all the possibilities. I was so scared she was dying somewhere, and I wasn't there to protect her. I felt guilty letting her go by herself, but I don't want to baby her. The stallion came to a stop to a ditch, full of trees growing in it. I hopped off, and looked around for her, until...

"PATRICIA!!"  I yelled in horror as she lay limp on the floor, blood trickling down her forehead. Her eyes shut, and she  was sweaty, and pale. Soon the others came up behind, and stood where I was, with looks of horror.