Chapter 4

Patricia' s POV

I lied next to Daniel breathing heavily, damn, he always does this to me.

"That was amazing," I said.

"Yeah it was, but we should head back so they won't worry about us,"

"Good point," I got up, and put on my top and jeans, and waited for Daniel. We finally head out the door, and back downstairs to the den, to find everyone smiling at us, laughing.

"What?" I asked sitting next to Angela.

"Oh...Nothing," she giggled.

"So, where we're you guys," Terry asked.

"Uh...." Daniel tried to answer until everyone busted up laughing.

"Wow, you guys seriously, what's so funny?" I raised a brow.

"Oh Daniel baby," Angela smirked adding a light moan to the sentence.

"Deeper baby," said Diane

"Oh my God!" Angela laughed. I blushed with embarrassment.

"Was I really that loud?"

"Yes," They all said at the same time.

"Yeah, we heard you all the way from the horse's pen, " said Troy. I quietly whispered to Daniel.

"I told you not to get me screaming so loud,"

"Sorry, but I did say no promises," he blushed.

"Like I said before, horny asses," Angela. I hit her with a pillow, and laughed. Soon it was time to go out on a trail ride before the sun went down, so with Daniel's help, I got Sovereign ready to go, and hopped on. We followed Cory and Georgia down a dirt path with sidelines of cacti and shrubs. From prickly pear, to barrel and hook cactus. Ocotio, Palo Verde, and a giant ironwood. We walked on one behind the other in a line. I was in front of Daniel and behind Diane. So far, we didn't see any deadly animals , so it was a peaceful ride. I looked over the ridge to see about a hundred head of cattle munching on grass. and we went right down to them.

"So we're herding them to the other pasture?" Daniel asked.

"Sure are, there are  a couple of calves that will be with them, like that black one," he pointed to a little jumpy baby jumping around next to his mother I thought.

"Cool, so when will we work on everything else we need to know?" Marcus asked.

"All this week, next week on Wednesday, is the drive, so you'll  be prepared for anything that happens," with that, we turned back and headed for the house.

~Next week~

Today's the day, the cattle drive, I can't wait. We've all been working hard to get our roping and riding on point, especially me, but Sovereign is doing all the work, and he knows what he's doing.

"Daniel, come on, we have to go!" I yelled, as I put my hair in a pony tail, and put on my hat, grabbing my water bottle.

"Ok, I'm ready," he kissed me, and we rushed out the door.

"Took you long enough," Sheila laughed.

"Did you two do your thing again?" Diane asked mischievously.

"No, I was doing my hair," I said, which was the truth.

"Sure you were," we all laughed, and Cory and Georgia came out with two other men.

"Guys, this is Marco and Luis, they will be coming along to help out," we all shook their hands and readied the horses. I tacked up, this time Sovereign knelt down and helped me get everything on, I swear this horse reads my mind sometimes. As I got on, he gracefully stood up, and I was first to ride up next to Georgia.