Chapter 12

Patrica's POV ~The party~

I had a few more things to finish up before the party tonight. I had a nice baked chicken in the oven with greens, mashed potatoes, and buttered rolls. The girls all say I can't cook, but I am going to prove them wrong tonight! I laughed to myself, and hummed along to the songs on my playlist. Anita Baker, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston, all the oldies. I cleaned the table, and had the dinning room finished

"Done," I smiled. The house practically gleamed. I sat back on the couch, and rubbed my stomach.

"Mommy's going to have to start taking it easy when you get bigger," I said. I smiled.  Soon Daniel came in walking through the door, sighing with relief.

"Hey baby," I say, kissing his cheek.

"Hey," he sounded so tired. They had him working like a pack mule.

"How was work?" I asked, sitting him on the couch next to me.

"Long, and tiring. I had so much paper work to do, plus two meetings one right after the other...I  need a break to spend time with my fiance, not work all day," he said.

"Well, don't worry about it, I don't mind," I leaned in and kissed him.

"Thank you, I needed that," he smiled. A loud ringing was heard, and I rushed to the kitchen to take out the chicken, and it smelled delicious.

"That looks good Pat," he said taking a sniff. I chuckled, and placed on the plate at the center of the dining table.

"They should be here in about an hour, so that gives me time to get ready," I say walking up the staors.

"Is this a formal event?" he joked.

"No, you can wear what you like, as long as it's suitable," I say.

"Aww, you mean no boxer without a shirt...I was hoping for that," I shook my head and laughed, and got up to my room and got ready. I just hope we can have a drama free night.

Terry's POV

I was pondering whether I should go to this party or not...especially if my wife won't even talk to me. I sat there in my work clothes. Diane decided to finally come down ready to go, while I stayed in place.

"Are you coming?" she asked with a bit of attitude.

"No, why should I if you won't even bother talking or listening to me," I snapped. she merely rolled her eyes, and folded her arms.

"Well if you're not going to go for me, then go for the sake of Patricia," she said. I chuckled.

"Really...for Patricia? Says the one who stooped so low, it'll be harder than coming to her party to get her trust back," I say bumping past her and into the car. Turning it on. I can tell it hurt her to hear me say that, but maybe she should've thought before she spoke.

"Ass," she mumbled.

"I heard that," I grumbled.

"Good, you were supposed to," she held her head high in a snobby way, and glared out the passenger side window. My God this woman is getting on my last nerve.

Daniel's POV

After she got a little masaged by me, she went back to cooking, while I changed into something more comfortable, which was basically taking off my jacket. It's very itchy. I came back down stairs, and Sheila and Angela were already there.

"Good evening ladies," I say hugging them.

"Evening Mr.Franklin," said Angela. I smiled and went to the kitchen wehre Patricia was almost done, and I kissed her cheek.